Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived here today for a day of work tomorrow - I so want to hire something fun!

The guy I am working with took me out for pub dinner and was telling me about his car history (Lotus Elan, E46 M3, C63 AMG, then he had kids!).

Apparently the cops are genuinely OK with 130mph on a straight bit of road! Not sure if I'm OK with this kind of crazy speed on a single carriageway road (legal or not!), but would be cool to come back in the Summer and have a go round the TT course in something nippy!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I always fancied taking my bike to the Isle of Man...

Hoping to take a trip to the TT in the next few years...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Last time I was at IoM doing 150+mph over the mountain. Thought I was on it, until I got passed by guys who were ........ a lot faster than I.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Cool missile, what were you riding/driving...??

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I have been to IoM a few times, twice on a Fireblade, an SP1 and Triumph Daytona 675. You really must put a trip to IoM on your bucket list. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, First time I went, met up with a young couple who had booked their honeymoon there without realising it was TT week

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice bikes, sold my cbr6 a few years back. Was saving for a 1098 but spent the money on a SQ... To the wife's relief...

TT's next on the list, went to mugello for the motogp in 2012... That was amazing...

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Trouble with having a quick bike is I had no excuse when someone blows by. Never been to mugello. I had a yellow 748 for a while, a trip to Balogna to visit the factory is on my bucket list. My wife has a TT roadster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts