Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
It was discussed in other topics but I saw no definitive answer, so...

Can someone clarify whether all Audi dealers in the UK offer free oil top-ups? I'm specifically thinking of the fact that my SQ5 will need some well before the first service, thus trying to ascertain whether this is an ad-hoc service offered to loyal customers, or whether you think I could contact my local Audi dealer at the time ( who didn't supply the vehicle) and get a free oil top-up....

Comments appreciated...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
As you say, I think I brought this up before in another thread.

I was specifically offered it at the hand over and was told it was standard procedure. They just said turn up when the car asks for it at any dealership.
Not had to try this out yet though.

This is the first Audi I have bought.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jose, thanks. I'll just rock up then. Wasn't mentioned to me at handover but I took delivery from a dealer a good way away.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hopefully, you should not need a top up on the 3.0tdi. My a7 uses no oil between services and should be similiar engine design to the SQ5.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Can't mention oil but my local dealer tops up my adblue for free while I have a coffee (Bradford Audi)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully, you should not need a top up on the 3.0tdi. My a7 uses no oil between services and should be similiar engine design to the SQ5.
According to the oil level thingy on the MMI it's used half already. Suspect I may need a top-up before the first service...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have been given a small container of oil for free with each Audi I bought from Aberdeen. It was my request with the first car, the sales man just keeps giving me the same stuff. Paint pen, Oil, protection pack (Boot liner and winter mats)

·
Registered
292 Posts
So is the SQ5 consuming a tad more oil is it ?

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,864 Posts
Free oil top ups from dealers - Is thus true?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Just an aside are the Paint Pens any good. I have Panther Black and no doubt will need to touch up stone chips at same stage.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've done 15000 miles on my Q5 never had to top up the engine oil. MMI says it's still at max. I got a free bottle when I bought my car. I was told that I MAY need to top up after 1000 miles whilst the engines wearing Inn BUT if I follow the bedding in process and go easy then I shouldn't need any top up.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've received a free 1 litre bottle of oil with all Audi's I've bought (new and used) for 20 years, so I suspect it is common practice and not just down to my being lucky!
My SQ5 has consumed about half a litre in the 8000 miles it has covered since I bought it, and this is about average compared to all my cars (I've had a lot). Bottom line is ALL engines consume oil, it doesn't make them bad. They are particularly susceptible to higher usage in the first 500 or so miles. Also, the harder you push them the more likely it is you will see a small amount of loss over time (miles). If my MMI readout (and I don't trust electronic level indication on engine oil) told me it had consumed none, I would be immediately suspicious and dip the engine anyway.
But to answer the original post, I'm not sure that ANY dealer will top up, maybe only the dealer you bought from? When you look at what they charge for oil during a service, they are hardly likely to give it away for free.. I might just try though, as I will be near to my supplying dealer next week..

·
Registered
814 Posts
I've done 15000 miles on my Q5 never had to top up the engine oil. MMI says it's still at max. I got a free bottle when I bought my car. I was told that I MAY need to top up after 1000 miles whilst the engines wearing Inn BUT if I follow the bedding in process and go easy then I shouldn't need any top up.
Yep, Ive done 16,000 miles since new in April2014, and my MMI oil level check still shows 100% full.
Seems almost too good to be true.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,864 Posts
Free top ups has anyone tried or got this?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yep, Ive done 16,000 miles since new in April2014, and my MMI oil level check still shows 100% full.
Seems almost too good to be true.
Mine was the same, serviced last week at 19k and no oil top up during this period, never ever experienced this before, especially with a German car, don't like not having a dip stick to check. Mmi oil level not moved. Fingers crossed that this will continue.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I tried for a free top up a few weeks ago and was told 'er, no not really something we do but please wait'.. 10 mins and a coffee or two later, 'ok our service department will happily top your oil up sir, would you also like to book your car in for a service?' haha. Not likely as it's nowhere near ready.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts