Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last 3 days my fan has come on every time I stop? I believe it's something to do with the cat burning off,which used to come on once every three weeks or so. It's now on after only a 2.8 mile journey which isn't long enough to get the engine to temp. Do you guys think it's because of such short journeys of late?

Also why does my sun roof blind keep auto closing by about 200mm?? I set it so its fully retracted but it likes to adopt a 75% open stance. The two of us like to do battle

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Just DPF regeneration cycle not being allowed to compete. Have you done a lot of sub 5 mile journeys the last few days per chance?
Give it a good 30-40 minute run on the motorway of you want to defo let it regen, nothing to worry about though. Mine often does 3 days of fanning as my work trip is only 4 miles...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
348 Posts
Full regeneration might take over 20 minutes at a speed above 50 mph

Do you push your key too long when closing the car because that would start closing the curtain as well

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no I've got advance key so i just brush the external door button

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Pausing too long on the outside button has the same affect as does leaning up against the button, even catching the buttons whilst washing the car.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pausing too long on the outside button has the same affect as does leaning up against the button, even catching the buttons whilst washing the car.
Defo not a case of to long on the button

However does holding the locking button operate the blind? I thought it just closed the windows and sun roof, not close the blind as well

Chaps advice please

·
Registered
348 Posts
It sure does close the blinds as well, which enoys me

However, you need to keep pushing the button until fully closed, when you let go too soon, the blinds are only partly closed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts