Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been posting for a few weeks now and have today ordered the car listed on my signature below. Thanks to this forum, I learnt much about the Q5 and what to spec. My decsions were influenced by the following:

1. The fuel consumption of te 2.0ltr was not much different to the 3.0 ltr, so I went for the 3.0.
2. I went for the SLine Plus as it was cheaper given the options I wanted
3. I opted for piano black inlays as the aluminium dents and scratches easily
4. I chose alcantara leather as the beutiful nappa leather stretches over time and I plan to keep the car for many years. Her current car is 15 years old. (we have had it from new)

The forum has not yet helped me decide on the colour. My wife wants black which I said no! due to scatches and keeping it clean. Lava grey was an alternative and probably still is. She has decided on white for te time being abd to push the order through, but I will be the one cleaning and polishing it. I suggested cuvee silver but we can't find one to look at. We thought scuba blue but that is a similiar colour of her current car.

So the colour spec is: easy to keep clean, will look good 10 years on, and a colour she will like. Umm! Glacier white is on order but we have about 4 weeks to change our minds before it gets a build date.

Help me out folks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Congrats you've made the right engine decision for the long term ownership. Glacier white is best colour also but some would say I'm bias. No changes needed is my vote

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Congrats on getting the order placed. Glad you have found the help useful so far...

I can tell you that Glacier White does not fit the clean bill! It shows the dirt in only a few miles! It's pretty disheartening when you spend an hour or so cleaning, take it out and its immediately covered in a film of greyish grime - you really notice it as the glacier is so shiny normally in the sun with the metallic flick. I wanted Panther Black but the Mrs has always wanted a white car so we went with that - as you say though, either way it would be difficult to keep looking good.

My girlfriend has a silver mini and that shows the dirty badly as well... the cuvee silver is almost a champagne tint to it which might hide the dirt better though - it's definitely one of those colours you need to see in the flesh - have you tried any generic Audi forums to see if there is someone with an A4 or something near you?

My last car was a Le Man Blue BMW 135i which is almost the same as scuba blue and that was pretty good for looking clean for a while so that might be the best option as hopefully chips won't show too badly etc - just depends if you can get over the wanting something different from the current car...

Not sure I've fully 'helped' but maybe some food for thought! Good luck!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well you on ordering, you have a good spec there, wish i could keep a car 15 Years, i seem to get board at the longest 9 months !!, Cant afford to this time thou !!, I had an Ibis white Q5 last year and that was a nightmare to keep clean, saying that this Estoril SQ5 seems to show all the dust as soon as i drive it out the garage,There probably all the same i say have the colour you want and enjoy washing it !!!! it will sure keep you occupied

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Daytona Grey is a classic Audi colour, and I am very pleased with it. I don't believe that it shows the dirt as much as some of the other colours.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Congrats on getting the order placed. Glad you have found the help useful so far...

I can tell you that Glacier White does not fit the clean bill! It shows the dirt in only a few miles! It's pretty disheartening when you spend an hour or so cleaning, take it out and its immediately covered in a film of greyish grime - you really notice it as the glacier is so shiny normally in the sun with the metallic flick. I wanted Panther Black but the Mrs has always wanted a white car so we went with that - as you say though, either way it would be difficult to keep looking good.

My girlfriend has a silver mini and that shows the dirty badly as well... the cuvee silver is almost a champagne tint to it which might hide the dirt better though - it's definitely one of those colours you need to see in the flesh - have you tried any generic Audi forums to see if there is someone with an A4 or something near you?

My last car was a Le Man Blue BMW 135i which is almost the same as scuba blue and that was pretty good for looking clean for a while so that might be the best option as hopefully chips won't show too badly etc - just depends if you can get over the wanting something different from the current car...

Not sure I've fully 'helped' but maybe some food for thought! Good luck!
Jose, Just noticed you quoting from the Mrs and your GF here.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Jose, Just noticed you quoting from the Mrs and your GF here.
Haha, yea, I'm a bit of a player!!

We are engaged so I'm practising for after the big day! Plus I don't like calling her my Fiancé, not sure why!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Congrats on your decision! We went for the Lava Grey after jumping from showroom to showroom trying to find out which we preferred out of Lava grey,estoril blue, moonlight blue and panther black. Panther and estoril both looked amazing in sun but very dull in dark, moonlight didn't really appeal to us and we liked lava because it had a tint of grey, black, brown and dark blue/turquoise - but of course colour is a very personal choice!

And congrats Jose all the best for the big day!

Reactions: José

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, The Q5 we have ordered is Ibis White, because SHMBO wants it! but we really liked the Monsoon Grey one we saw in the show room. OIMO after having phantom black A3 it is beautiful when polished but would never have a very dark car again, I love lava grey but think it will be hard to keep clean.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My first q7 was phantom black which always looked grubby to me. My second q7 is lava grey; imo these mid-dark greys suit the shape of the q's and always look great even when a bit dirty. On that basis have also gone for daytona grey.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just sold my Q5 and that was in Daytona Grey (lovely colour) and am awaiting my new SQ5
My dilemma is whether to order one in Panther Black or Lava Grey as Daytona is not available on SQ5 unless you are in the USA
If it were I would order in this colour without a doubt but seeing both the Black and the Lava in the metal which are both lovely I am opting for the Lava Grey as the pearl paints are the best
I have seen the SQ5 in Glacier white, Lava Grey, Panther Black, Suzuka Grey
To anyone who is in doubt all of the above look fantastic aside from Suzuka Grey which in my opinion did not suit

·
Registered
814 Posts
I can tell you that Glacier White does not fit the clean bill! It shows the dirt in only a few miles!
Gutted!! got one coming in a few weeks !!
Will be better in the summer months, if we have a summer!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Gutted!! got one coming in a few weeks !!
Will be better in the summer months, if we have a summer!
I find totally the opposite and will definantely have Glacier White again.

Mine stays clean for ages and is much easier to keep clean than the Dolphon Grey I had on my A3

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
My Glacier White shows the dirt within 30 yards of driving! Nightmare!
Guess it depends on the roads tho - I live in the sticks so lots of mud etc on the roads.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts