Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Counting down now to collection day.
Detailers booked in for 2 days prior to collection.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi, then not long to go! Very exciting time ahead for you. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the Daytona with the black roof rails.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Not long mate keep ticking off the days

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sweet. I'm on an unconfirmed 9th of March for collection at the mo. Off to visit the dealers on Sunday to agree the date. I'm super excited too!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Seems like there are a few of us like excited schoolboys chomping at the bit.

Me and the mrs assuming car now on ship from Germany, possibly with yours and trying to plan pick up....

I can almost certainly guarantee it will blinkin piddle down on collection day!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Counting down now to collection day.
Detailers booked in for 2 days prior to collection.
The detailers will go to Audi dealership and do their stuff before you collect it?
My dealer told me that wouldn't be possible.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
The detailers will go to Audi dealership and do their stuff before you collect it?
My dealer told me that wouldn't be possible.
Your dealer is a ****** then...
Mine gave me detailer their prep bay for a whole day, no questions asked.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sometimes it's better to 'tell' the dealer what you want and remind them that you are the customer...

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I'd rather check the car first that way if anything happens its clear as to whom is at fault.
My detailer went over the car and took pics of all the factory imperfections before they did anything else - then showed them to the PDI guys (who had already been over the car and passed it and not spotted them).
The dealer was happy to go with 'If your detailer can't fix any of these with a bit of a buff, Audi will pay the extra for a full fix'. It was fine in the end, no major scrapes or anything.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah my dealer wouldn't let a local detailer in to do it beforehand.

Having to drop it at a London detailer a week or two after collection.

Thought It was a bit off but couldn't be bothered to argue.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yeah my dealer wouldn't let a local detailer in to do it beforehand.

Having to drop it at a London detailer a week or two after collection.

Thought It was a bit off but couldn't be bothered to argue.
Told me they'd had experiences in the past whereby customer had collected car, was unhappy with the finish,and then ofcoure dispute between whether detailer or dealer at fault.
Being new to this scenario, I suppose it sort of made sense at the time, so like you, I didn't push it.
Anyway, although I didn't get to the point of asking him, I imagine the detailer must be more comfortable & efficient on his own turf, using his own workshop & kit, everything to hand etc,
As he is 30 miles from me, and wants the car for a full day, I guess I'd be just incurring extra costs by getting him to travel here as opposed to me going to him.
One thing I have learned from this forum, is that I will be giving the car a much closer personal examination than I probably would have thought too previously, before accepting it

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dealer was more than happy to allow the detailer to use the premises.
[email protected] Detail is more than happy to go to the delearship, he has a red RS4 Avant here that was done at a dealership.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had a call from the salesman yesterday confirming a few details, he said he had been asked if i had considered GAP insurance.
Told him yes and gave him the quotes i had received, he said he would see what he could do.

Question, has anyone taken out GAP with Audi.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My detailer went over the car and took pics of all the factory imperfections before they did anything else - then showed them to the PDI guys (who had already been over the car and passed it and not spotted them).
The dealer was happy to go with 'If your detailer can't fix any of these with a bit of a buff, Audi will pay the extra for a full fix'. It was fine in the end, no major scrapes or anything.
All of our New Cars are inspected by my detailer and any imperfections are pointed out to the dealer before any works commence.
My contract when I buy a car states no body work pdi to be undertaken by dealer or any internal pdi work.
All factory protection to be left on prior to inspection by my detailer.
Trouble is when the dealer pdi the car products used contain masking agents fillers ect.
Tell your dealer your detailer is going to inspect the car before any works by them and then if all ok will detail the car.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Had a call from the salesman yesterday confirming a few details, he said he had been asked if i had considered GAP insurance.
Told him yes and gave him the quotes i had received, he said he would see what he could do.

Question, has anyone taken out GAP with Audi.
Both Gap Insurance UK (http://www.gapinsuranceuk.net/) and Gap Insurance 123 (https://gapinsurance123.co.uk/) quote online, so see how these compare to the Audi quote.

I went for the vehicle replacement option.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Ye I got my gap @ Audi £180, they just matched my online quote 😄

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the replies about GAP.

I would go for vehicle replacement rather than return to invoice.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I went with Frank Pickles for GAP insurance. Highly competitive and very helpful IMO.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts