Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked her up this afternoon, all going well and about to pull out for a test drive so I say to the sales guy "ah let me put the SIM in before we set off", open the flap and no sim card slot!!!!
I'm then "where's the slot?", salesman "What slot?" = PROBLEM!!!

Had him go check my order, low and behold they missed it off the order but have it on what I specified.

Anyone know if Phone prep high with Audi Connect is factory fit only? The dealership won't know until Monday.

I've taken the car anyway (love it BTW), but they've already conceded I may have to have a new car ordered!!!

MT

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Omg,wat a f up,u pay 50k and get mistakes like that,well don't let it ruin ur day,uve got a weapon,and u mite get to drive until a replacement ,result 😄

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
It is possible form what I have read - not easy though... I would suspect Audi would prefer to order a new car and ask you to have this one in the mean time.

Very annoying! This is why I insist on getting screenshots from their ordering system emailed to me so I can personally check everything is on there... You'd be surprised how often they get it wrong!

I presume thats the only option missing? Which if so, it is a nice to have so you can enjoy the car regardless.

·
Banned
289 Posts
It's unbelievable how often this seems to happen (not only with Audi). You would think they would have a process that was a bit more fool-proof - to check that the order equals the requirement. After all, these mistakes end up costing a fortune.

Glad you like the car though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We went over the other options and everything was there, I ordered carbon inlays after the initial order (2 days later) and was more worried it was that would have been missed although that may had been easier to install. Picked up a new SIM card especially yesterday too!

They are going to sort either way so I'm not worrying. The car is fu*king awesome though!!!

MT

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
We went over the other options and everything was there, I ordered carbon inlays after the initial order (2 days later) and was more worried it was that would have been missed although that may had been easier to install. Picked up a new SIM card especially yesterday too!

They are going to sort either way so I'm not worrying. The car is fu*king awesome though!!!

MT
Best update your signature in the mean time

(sorry!)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Practical - Thanks Jose!!

MT

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
High - not really, but its not like it makes a huge difference (if that helps!)
did you not get a copy of the order to sign detailing the options??

·
Registered
273 Posts
Really sorry to hear that as it happened to me in the past and they let me hang onto the car until the new one arrived, (which was missing something else so we went round again!) The whole idea of ordering a new car is to get the exact spec you want. The detail is important.
On the plus side if they reorder you can refine your choices if you've had any change of mind.

·
Registered
258 Posts
That's a bummer, but at least you can enjoy running up the mileage at Audi's expense...

and testing out the 313 horses.. Go for It.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Snowman,

I originally emailed the sales guy the Audi code from the configurator which I did myself, they are bang to rights. Quite happy if they order me a new one, they said themselves they will have no problem selling mine. I guess they're going to take a hit though.

If they want me to buy an R8 next month then they'll be keeping me happy!!

MT

·
Registered
952 Posts
What about some pics MajorTom? Ibis white with Magma red/black interior is something that interests me a lot!!!!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Snowman,

I originally emailed the sales guy the Audi code from the configurator which I did myself, they are bang to rights. Quite happy if they order me a new one, they said themselves they will have no problem selling mine. I guess they're going to take a hit though.

If they want me to buy an R8 next month then they'll be keeping me happy!!

MT
Sounds like you added it to the order.

I wouldn't order an R8 right now - new one is due very soon.
Im going to off load mine in the next few months.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Sounds like you added it to the order.
Sounds like he sent the configurator code to the dealer. The configurator code allows the dealer to access the entire configuration online, so there is no excuse...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Snowman,

Not ordering a new R8, I know I'm going to lose money and mindful of the new one being announced soon. Looking for a V10 Coupe around a 2011 model.

MT

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Those configurator codes are not what they seem and should be taken with a pinch of salt - they basically append options to a standard build. so giving an old code could result in differences. That's not really applicable to this. if this code was use you would have had the option.

Way i read the post is he got the option code (9ZX) from the configurator - not he passed over the configuration code.
Dealer (or their admin) simply didn't add it to the order.

Good luck with the R8, LED lights are fantastic - avoid rtronic.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PICS!!! Sorry about the quality, taken with iphone....

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:2721][sharedmedia=core:attachments:2713][sharedmedia=core:attachments:2705][sharedmedia=core:attachments:2697][sharedmedia=core:attachments:2689][sharedmedia=core:attachments:2681][sharedmedia=core:attachments:2673][sharedmedia=core:attachments:2665]

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Car looks gr8,and that leather looks the nuts 😄

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No they're the normal satin coloured mirrors, no so easy to see with the pic quality, sorry!

MT

1 - 20 of 25 Posts