Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my 2009 2.0L TDI 2 and a bit years and now has decided it doesn't like reverse. Its automatic and will initial go into reverse but if I am doing a three point turn or parking starts to lurch forward. I have to put it back into park and switch off and start again. Put it in Audi garage and they have quoted ...wait for it... £10,000 to replace! Needless to say took it back and asked for full report. Tried to drive it last night and red oil light went manic, car laboured and I had to turn back. Just noticed oil spots on drive...This car has been well looked after has 70K on clock and it driven by me..very carefully..no long runs....Any info advice would be welcome....

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I would be contacting an independent to fit a second hand / reconditioned box.
Let them source the box. You could probably get it cheaper, but if it doesn't fit / work it would be your problem. Friend just bought a seriously heavy duty uprated auto box with 15 plate clutch assemblies for his modified TT at £8,000. I do appreciate it is not the same as that in the Q5 but might give you an indication of price.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Have had my 2009 2.0L TDI 2 and a bit years and now has decided it doesn't like reverse. Its automatic and will initial go into reverse but if I am doing a three point turn or parking starts to lurch forward. I have to put it back into park and switch off and start again. Put it in Audi garage and they have quoted ...wait for it... £10,000 to replace! Needless to say took it back and asked for full report. Tried to drive it last night and red oil light went manic, car laboured and I had to turn back. Just noticed oil spots on drive...This car has been well looked after has 70K on clock and it driven by me..very carefully..no long runs....Any info advice would be welcome....
omg I can't believe that price,half the value of the car,that's a joke í ½í¸ž

1 - 4 of 4 Posts