Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email from Dealer, because of global shortage car would come with a tyre repair kit.

Anybody know what my options are. Dont think i am comfortable with a tyre repair kit on the roadside.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yes I was told that yesterday. I shall ask for the one I have to be swapped into the new car when I change next time.

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
I think I would take the one out of your old car before you exchange, then put it in to your new one.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I think I would take the one out of your old car before you exchange, then put it in to your new one.
The current one has to be left with something and I am sure there will be no problem if I ask them to do it. I have told them a number of times that the spare is a big plus point for the Q5 over the competition so I am sure they will not want to disappoint a regular customer.

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
I am sure you are right, but I wouldn't take the chance. I have seen many Q5s stripped of their first aid kit, roof bars and spare wheel on trade in. You frequently see spare wheels on Flee Bay.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I will make it a condition of sale. The threat of losing my (regular) business will make it happen.

Incidentally, as you mentioned first aid kit, I queried the lack of one in the current car only to be shown it hidden behind the left panel in the boot, along with the pump for the spare wheel. So if anyone else is looking for it, you now know where to find it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Had a bad experience with not having spare wheel.
Wet Winter night 60 miles from home and puncture which could not be sealed.
4 Hours later got home at 2am after being relayed no hire car available.
Swore then never going to be without a spare Wheel.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Before the collapsible spare wheel became standard kit, was the Q5's boot bigger?

Been a bit disappointed with the boot size in Q5, my previous car (Qashqai) was quoted at 410c litres to Q5 540, Q5 doesn't seem that much bigger, thinking figures may have been quoted form earlier model with repair kit and no spare wheel..therefore bigger capacity?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Don't we just phone the free RAC breakdown cover that come free for 3 years with Audi ??
Cant see my missus changing a wheel or repairing a tyre

·
Registered
249 Posts
Don't we just phone the free RAC breakdown cover that come free for 3 years with Audi ??
Cant see my missus changing a wheel or repairing a tyre
A spare is better than calling the RAC, they might not be able to get you sharpish with a spare you can be back up and running pretty quickly. Saying that I can't see my missus changing a flat tyre either.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Last time my misses got a flat she rang me, I told her to ring the AA 😄

1 - 17 of 17 Posts