Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Just ordered a Q5 yesterday following a very speedy decision to buy a new car!

The car is actually for my wife but I have a long history of owning Audis.

The car we have ordered is:

Q5 S line Plus 2.0TFsi Quattro Tiptronic in Phantom black with black nappa.
20" alloys in titanium
Hill hold
Parking advanced
B & O
Black pack with black roof rails
Electric seats with memory and folding mirrors
Heated front seats
Interior light pack
Open sky
Side window blinds
Tow bar (for a bike rack)
Rear side airbags
Load mat
Tyre pressure loss indicator

Decided on the petrol as my wife only does about 8k p.a.

Car will be replacing a 2008 Rav4 which has been an ideal family vehicle. As the kids are a bit older hopefully it won't get as messed up on the inside as the Rav which has seen all sorts of crumbs, puke, sticky fingers and worse!

I have had Audis since 1998 and had a 1.6 A3 Sport, a 2001 A3 1.8T Quattro Sport, a 2005 A3 2.0T Quattro S Line and a 2008 A5 3.0TDi Quattro Sport Tiptronic.

Strayed away from the brand for my current car which is a BMW 640d Gran Coupe M Sport.

Looking forward to getting the car but the wait is ridiculous: Delivery expected end of April / beginning of May next year!!

Hope to learn a lot from the forum!

Cheers

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum. I've learned a lot as it's my first Audi. I've been a Land Rover driver until now. Good luck with your delivery date. You might want to consider rear heated seats for the kids depending on where you live. I know what it's like in my wife's car (Freelander 2), it looks like a recycling plant!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

No point in heated rear seats as we would just be heating car seats! They are 5 and 3.

Rav also has a lovely sun cream hand mark on the rear quarter from my darling daughter. What the hell is in that stuff that eats into paint??

Orders have been barked on this never happening again already and the car is months away!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Given your kids age, check with your dealer about rear side air bags and booster seats. I was told that you shouldn't have them if booster/kids seats are fitted in the back. Could be a load of nonsense, but worth checking. My youngest is 12 so it was all clear for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for mentioning it but from the research I did, it seems they are fine (and should be standard TBH. My other Audis had them as standard as does the BMW).

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome Booster, enjoy the forum and the wait

Reactions: Booster

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.
We actually test drove the 640d GC M Sport and was a lovely car, but I'm sure the transition to the Q5 (or if it is the second car), it will be great.
All the best,
Ray

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Ray.

640d is an exceptional car. The combo of performance and economy still baffles me and the car is a year old this week.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Delivery is long....but seems delivery dates move a lot it seems. Hopefully you get lucky and get an earlier slot!

Reactions: Booster

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just heard from the dealer and we have a provisional build week of 8.

·
Registered
706 Posts
That is incredibly quick. Orderred 25th Oct and build wk 8. about 5 months wait. I am heading for 9 months have orderred 8 June and expect delivery early March 14

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went confirmed yesterday: Build week 7!

Wife is very happy! It is her 40th birthday present. Now it has come forward I hope it doesn't mean I have to buy her something else for her actual birthday!!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Haha what a lovely present. Not long now only a few more months and it will be in your drive!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Build confirmed for next week!

Wife is cheered up by this news as she has been working silly hours since Saturday at a murder scene (she is a Scenes of Crime Officer not a murderer!)

Reactions: José

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Brilliant news mate! Something to look forward to, will be well worth the wait i promise

·
Registered
952 Posts
Great news Andy for sure and will cheer up the wife I hope. Worse news for you is that my SQ5 is expected with my dealer on 10th March and I only ordered on 18 December

1 - 20 of 25 Posts