Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to Audi and getting close to ordering my Q5. I've been looking to make the leap to an SUV for a while and after numerous test drives the Q5 has come out on top. I've a second test drive later this week to have a look at the S Tronic (first test drive was in a manual). I have a few questions..

Is Hill Hold Assist necessary with the S-tronic?
Is there an enhanced tech pack as standard with the S Line Plus? if so what does it consist of? (Does anyone have a good link/document to the standard spec on an S Line Plus?)
The forum seems very enthusiastic about the interior light pack, is there anything else (at relatively low cost!) thats broadly recommended?

My potential spec is as follows;

2.0 TDI Quattro S Line Plus 5dr S Tronic

Heated front seats
Hill hold assist
20 inch 5 segment spoke alloy wheels
Rear seat bench plus (Fishing rods!)
Interior light pack
Tyre pressure monitor

Phantom black
Alcantara/leather

Thanks in anticipation for any help/advice.
Simon

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Heated seats are a must

I have just changed from a Q5 without HHA to one with it - believe me it is worth having for the very little cost involved.

The sat nav with the tech pack you get on the S-Line Plus is the best I have ever seen. It is very clear (HD), updates according to traffic conditions, and has your next three turns shown on the left side of the screen. It is a very nice bit of kit

Rear bench seat plus gives flexibility but I am not sure it will give sufficient movement to accommodate your fishing rods. The standard seats fold.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I didn't bother with the heated seats as mrs wasn't fussed so went with folding mirrors, interior light pack and storage pack as only extras on s-line plus. I ordered last week in feb and no confirmed build date but being told July/august at best. Dealer said it could be MY14 if any later but no idea when they change.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I didn't bother with the heated seats as mrs wasn't fussed so went with folding mirrors, interior light pack and storage pack as only extras on s-line plus. I ordered last week in feb and no confirmed build date but being told July/august at best. Dealer said it could be MY14 if any later but no idea when they change.
If you are buying with your own money then get heated seats even if you don't use them - selling a used Q5 with leather (cold in winter) seats will turn off most potential buyers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Heated seats are a must

I have just changed from a Q5 without HHA to one with it - believe me it is worth having for the very little cost involved.

The sat nav with the tech pack you get on the S-Line Plus is the best I have ever seen. It is very clear (HD), updates according to traffic conditions, and has your next three turns shown on the left side of the screen. It is a very nice bit of kit

Rear bench seat plus gives flexibility but I am not sure it will give sufficient movement to accommodate your fishing rods. The standard seats fold.
I'm hoping I can use the load through hatch and lay my rods lengthways from the boot? I need 6ft, I'll be taking a tape measure on my next test drive!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm hoping I can use the load through hatch and lay my rods lengthways from the boot? I need 6ft, I'll be taking a tape measure on my next test drive!
I haven't discovered the load through hatch yet. Something else to look forward to :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Pretty similar spec to mine, here's my thoughts having had it two weeks

Love the leather / Alcantara and the seat warmers are much better than on the pre facelift. With Alcantara they heat up very quickly which they didn't do on the all leather pre face lift I was recently using.

The folding mirrors are invaluable and also the left mirror dips when reversing (avoids kerning it )

The light pack is also well worth it. Excellent for illuminating the area around the doors and also the interior (Shame the footwell LED's don't stay on though) Rear No plate light is now LED as well.

Hill Hold assist is good for what it costs but you could live without it.

Bench seat plus gives good flexibility as I'm used to a large boot.

I ordered the rear parking camera but actually prefer the standard graphic display so wouldn't order it again.

Drive select is good for reasonably little cost but again could live without it

Sat Nav and MMI is excellent in the S Line Plus

The reversible boot liner with underfloor storage tray is also good (presuming you will be throwing fishing gear and waders in the boot it will protect the bumper and load area. I would have this instead of Tyre pressure monitor (Check them yourself

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty similar spec to mine, here's my thoughts having had it two weeks

Love the leather / Alcantara and the seat warmers are much better than on the pre facelift. With Alcantara they heat up very quickly which they didn't do on the all leather pre face lift I was recently using.

The folding mirrors are invaluable and also the left mirror dips when reversing (avoids kerning it )

The reversible boot liner with underfloor storage tray is also good (presuming you will be throwing fishing gear and waders in the boot it will protect the bumper and load area. I would have this instead of Tyre pressure monitor (Check them yourself
I was thinking about the reversible boot liner and I wasn't aware the mirror dipped. Good stuff, thanks.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
With regards to the Tech-pack, which includes Audi's excellent Satnav/Audio set up - the radio will tune itself into all available stations automatically and you have two SDHC card slots for music available too aside AMI which is also included. £350 more gets the Mobile phone prep high with Audi Connect - and that overlays the satnav maps with Google Earth images which is very clever indeed. The other option that is well worth having is the Sound Pack - includes B&O audio and DAB radio.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was thinking about the reversible boot liner and I wasn't aware the mirror dipped. Good stuff, thanks.
The boot liner is Ok however I think it could be better thought out. It is twice the size of the boot floor so you have to fold it in half ( I can only assume that this is for when the seats are folded down) If you choose to have the carpet side showing the bumper protector folds out rubber side up and vice versa.

As an example I was at football with my son and the weather was foul, knew he would be filthy so had the load liner rubber side up for muddy boots etc. When I unfolded the bumper protector for him to sit on, the carpet side was against the bumper which was wet and muddy. Carpet side therefor got filthy from the bumper. No big deal but other way round would be better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts