Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
Well after already having one windscreen repair at just over 12 months old we were going down the motorway yesterday and the car in front threw a massive stone up at us and smashed the windscreen on the passenger side windscreen in a starburst effect.

This is covered by my insurance but because it needs a new windscreen it means I dont earn any NCB this year.

Need to get it booked in to have it replaced.

Any advice on who / where etc. with it being the acoustic windscreen and with the auto lights and wipers.

Could I take it to Audi or would it just be farmed out to autowindscreens anyway?

Capped off a really shitty day as we were just on our way back from having our dog put down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My own though is to take it to Audi even if they farm it out, at least any problems are for Audi to sort out should any arise, (so you should be able to get loan car).
This is just my though and other may disagree, would like to see there opinion

·
Registered
503 Posts
I would be inclined to have Autoglass come out to me then I could watch the guy do the job and make sure no damage happens to my car. I am paranoid whenever my car has to have work done on it that its going to get damaged as it has in the past.

Sorry to hear about your dog too.

Reactions: Chopper

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well after already having one windscreen repair at just over 12 months old we were going down the motorway yesterday and the car in front threw a massive stone up at us and smashed the windscreen on the passenger side windscreen in a starburst effect.

This is covered by my insurance but because it needs a new windscreen it means I dont earn any NCB this year.

Need to get it booked in to have it replaced.

Any advice on who / where etc. with it being the acoustic windscreen and with the auto lights and wipers.

Could I take it to Audi or would it just be farmed out to autowindscreens anyway?

Capped off a really shitty day as we were just on our way back from having our dog put down.
Hi Chopper

sorry to hear your sad story

Our Windscreen was replaced outside my offcie by Autoglass who did an excellent job - in fariness after speaking to our insurers (Aviva) I was transfered directly to Autoglass who handled everything, all very painless.
We have protected NCB but, it might be worth getting a direct quote as we still had to pay the first £75

Reactions: Chopper

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the condolences.

He had Cushing's disease which he battled valiantly for the last 3 years unfortunately he then get diabetes on top as he became resistant to his own Insulin and there was nothing else the vet could do for him. Vets came out to us and put him to sleep in the back garden in the sunshine in his favorite spot.

We let our younger dog come see him so he could understand what had happened, when he didn't wake up Max who is a 2 year old GSD ran off found a stick and dropped it on his head so it lightened the moment somewhat.

Spoke to my insurers who confirmed it will cost £80 and I wont lose my NCB but I wont gain any this year either now.

I have to have it done by Autowindscreens if I go through insurance. I'll get them to come to work and keep an eye out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
sorry to hear about your dog, that sucks - got one myself

may i ask what insurer you are with? the windscreen should not effect your NCB, protected or not - it shouldnt be treated as a claim and as such you should be able to log another year.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's Swift cover.

Sorry I didn't maker self clear. It doesn't affect my NCB per se but they won't award me a years no claims this year either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts