Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just picked up my new Q5 yesterday and thought I'd say a quick hello on here. The new motor is 2013 2.0 tdi 177 S Line plus in Daytona Grey. Only additions were DAB and heated seats.
Previously I had an A5 S line Special ed, and an S3 and A3 before that so been into my Audis for a while.

The Q5 was a dealer ordered one so not exactly the spec I'd have gone for, maybe I'd have gone for a different colour. But now it's arrived I'm loving the grey. It seems to change in different light so the pic doesn't really do it justice, plus it's on a phones camera so not ideal. Already had a number of compliments from people about the colour though, which is always nice.

Still getting used to the car but going from a 2.0tdi 170 in the a5 to this one I was thinking it might seem a bit under powered with the extra weight, but it's fine and pulls really strongly. Also the MMI is a step up from my old MMI which was from 2010, so a bit of retraining to be done there!

I wasn't even considering getting the Q5 when I went in to the dealers! Was planning on getting a new A3 sportback, thinking I'd reduce some costs! Ooops that ended badly! Cheekily asked about a Q and he got me in it for only a tenner more than I was paying for the a5. So much more car than either the A5 or the A3 so that was me sold!!

Anyway, if anyone has any questions about it or need to know about any features of the new MMI/ model let us know. I'm still getting to grips with it but might be able to help.

One thing I'm wondering if anyone knows, is Audi Connect a separate module? I've hooked my galaxy S3 up and it works fine for phone calls and usb music streaming, and I can see that there is a WLAN connection in there but can't seem to connect the phone. I'm assuming I can't get any of the connect features but looking for some clarification.

Oh and you can play films from an SD card too. Not sure if that's common knowledge.

Dom

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Looks very nice.

I was struggling to decide between Daytona & Glacier White when I placed my order, but as my current A3 is Dolphin Grey I decided to go with Glacier White for a change.

One thing I noticed from your photo, it looks like the bars that cross through the front fog lights have a chrome strip in them, is that correct? I have tried to see from other photos, but can never seem to get a clear shot of the front.

Enjoy
Thank you

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi Dom,

nice car and hope you enjoy it

Used to have an A3 too and Part -exed it in for my Q5 last year!

So mush nicer to drive

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
Hi
to the forum.

Mobile phone connection with bluetooth is standard. Audi connect is an option, it seems you do not have that? Your dealer will be able to confirm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Steppy, yes there is a strip from the fog lamp. It's chucking it down outside so can't do a front on shot yet but took this attached one last night. Is this what you mean?

Cheers Romach, yes a big step up from an A3 in both size and feel. To be honest, this one feels even better than the A5 I've just swapped!

Thanks Missile, I thought as much. Was just hoping that it was something that could be enabled. But I'd noticed it was just mentioned on the phone prep High. No big deal as I don't use Nav that much.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi Steppy, yes there is a strip from the fog lamp. It's chucking it down outside so can't do a front on shot yet but took this attached one last night. Is this what you mean?
That's perfect, thanks very much.

Your pic also show that the front parking sensor is in the grill rather than on the main part of the front bumper :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to swap the horrible yellow front fog light bulbs out for white ones, hopefully tomorrow, so will try and get a clearer picture of the whole lower bumper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts