Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am a new - and very happy - 2013 Audi Q5 (prestige) owner! We are preparing for an upcming road trip to British Columbia to put our beautiful new car through its paces.

I've actually had the car about 5 weeks, but I am still learning how to use the various technologies and systems that came with it.

So far he systems seem fairly straight forward. I have made a couple calls to Audi support, specifically Audi Connect, and got my questions answered promptly.

I did learn that Audi Connect, thus Google Maps, will not work in Canada, which is a bummer, but understandable, I guess. I imagine roaming charges would be bank-busting.

Anyway, I think I have died and gone to car heaven!

jdrake

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome. Great car and I'm sure you'll only grow to love it more. Congratulations.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome!

Where are you based? Seems odd that audi connect is country specific as it tethers via your phone or sim you put in the car. So if you have a Canadian sim and you are in Canada then you will pay the normal data rate... If you have a US sim and are in canada then as you say, it is sensible that the car does not attempt to roam and charge you the earth in the process! And of course google maps covers everywhere, but I can imagine some sub features like the Internet based traffic and online sat nav destination search may be country specific though.

Let us know your thoughts on the car after the trip, and enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts