Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
801 Posts
A screenshot from Volkswagen's ETKA (electronic parts catalog) has apparently revealed the Audi SQ5 will also be offered with a petrol engine.

The image suggests the crossover will feature a supercharged 3.0-liter V6 engine that produces 354 HP (260 kW). For comparison, the twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine currently in the SQ5 develops 313 HP (230 kW) and 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) of torque. It enables the model to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 5.1 seconds and hit a top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).

Source: http://www.autoblog....354-pk-3-0-tfsi

But still no official announcements from Audi

Screenshot from my ETKA:

·
Banned
842 Posts
Ridiculous power for a 4x4....

I want one!

·
Banned
801 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Did mr AUDI pull on your dick to give this info ?

·
Banned
801 Posts
FUCK OFF from my wall post, go post in the correct forum fuckwit as you have already told me to do so.
now i repeat and many others have already said FUCK OFF.
Ask your mom and sister, ones love it and they do it perfectly

·
Banned
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this indeed is a very very good news! i think i should already sell my Q5 and wait for this petrol version of SQ5 hehe.
Information from insiders is that production begins in April 2013

·
Banned
801 Posts

·
Banned
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Officially confirmed version SQ5 with gasoline engine is not for the European market

Audi SQ5 with gasoline engine and 354 HP

The Audi SQ5 has been designed specifically for the following markets: United States, Canada, Russia, China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile and the Ukraine. In Germany and many other European markets, the SQ5 TDI takes its place as the sporty top model in its series.

http://audiusanews.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=989DC5CDC4FE359F5E1AEF52204B0659?&id=3299&allImage=1&teaser=audi-sq5-now-gasoline-engine-354-dynamic-hp&mid=93

·
Banned
801 Posts
Its slower than the TDI! They can keep it then. Ha ha ha
This is due to the high torque TDI 650Nm /1450-2800 rmp comparing with 470 Nm /4000-4500 rpm.

Torque is the one who is responsible for the acceleration and power

But that's why I think it will be significantly cheaper. Making double turbocharger is more expensive

·
Registered
82 Posts
mid range driving in a high torque diesel is far superior than a high reving petrol, lets be honest most of us spend most of our overtaking etc in the mid ranges of the engine power band.

the USA for example still has an image issue with diesel engines and will normally opt for the petrol version over the diesel, but increasing petrol prices will gradually change their attitudes as they have done in the rest of europe.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is why diesel engines popular in Europe

True, but diesel engines have a problem with meeting Euro 6 standard, which comes 2014.
The reason why the production of diesel engines and maintenance more expensive

Many of petrol engines already meet the Euro 6 standard

1 - 15 of 15 Posts