Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I was in the process of finalizing the purchase of a new SQ5 with a PCP finance deal and when I first enquired I am sure the APR was 2.9%. However, the latest interest rate is 6.3% with Audi finance so I've said I'll wait until the rate drops again. The salesman told me he has never seen the rate for an SQ5 below 4.9% in the 3 years he has worked at Audi, but I'm sure it was just 2.9% in August.

I don't know whether he is being a dodgy salesman to try and close the deal or whether I am not remembering correctly and the 2.9% never existed.

Has anyone purchased or seen a PCP offer for an SQ5 recently at 2.9% (or any Q5 as I think the whole range uses the same interest rate)?

Appreciate any help to confirm whether I'm being an idiot or whether it is actually worth waiting for an interest rate decrease.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,897 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Just checked my old Audi PCP agreement from 2015 and it was a fixed interest rate of 6.26% 😬. No idea if Audi allow this % to fluctuate or not over the years for an SQ5?

But I would recommend trying to get the dealer to give you some free option/s thrown in, free SQ5 mats, boot liner etc etc ;) and checking out Carwow to see what discounts are available from other UK Audi dealers. Carwow don't charge any fee, and just hand you over to the dealer making the best offer for the car you spec. Only downside is the dealer may not be local to you, and you might have to travel to go pick it up, or have it delivered, after that just use your local dealer for servicing, and pocket the saving! Or use that info to get your dealer to give you a better deal (discount)!

Also watch out for the road tax hike! Its much higher these days - Audi Q5 Sportback (from 2021) car tax | Parkers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts