Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to forum, got my new sq5 about 3 weeks ago and I love it, can any one tell me whats the deal with the sd and sim card readers? I'm not too tech minded

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
SD card are for playing music - much easier the bothering with the iPod/ami. You can of course stream music from any device over BT.
SIM is for Audi connect i.e. google earth images for the nav system.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Only if you have Audi connect and an iPhone. Some providers will give you a duplicate SIM with the same number.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is exactly what I have, so new data sim it is then, any suggestions on the best provider for price and coverage?

·
Registered
116 Posts
@Missile

I am going to have Audi connect / but I don't have an iphone - My current phone is a htc one/Android - - Please clarify what you mean by the Connect + Iphone combination

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I have an iPhone5, it works fine with blue tooth for phone and music.

I am led to believe one can use android phones to power the Audi connect. If you search this forum you will find there is a long thread discussing the issues.

Pop into your friendly local Audi dealer and ask to try it on one of his demonstrators / Maybe someone with an Android can confirm?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Only if you have Audi connect and an iPhone. Some providers will give you a duplicate SIM with the same number.
I am sure in the UK you cannot have two cards with one number.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have a Samsung S4 which uses rSAP and integrates perfectly.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard 😄

1 - 13 of 13 Posts