Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the site (joined today). I've just ordered a brand new SQ5 and been told it will be built around 19th May. Hopefully delivered mid-June. I've added tech pack, heated seats and B&O speakers, is it worth adding the Audi Drive Select or is that just a gimmick?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Gimmick for sure.
You can enable the menu to control the system in 30seconds and given the only control you have on the SQ is over the fake exhaust noise its just not worth it IMO.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard 😄

Reactions: Alan4helenr

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
952 Posts
Contrary to the view above most owners feel Audi Drive Select is an essential on an SQ5 to get control over the exhaust noises. Yes it can be enabled on VAG.COM but do you have someone who can do that and for that cost?

I would drop the B&O, I went for and even my wife said yesterday about it being nothing special.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply, I found the link which enables me to retrofit the ADS but I think I'll just ring the dealer and pay the £220, at least that way it won't affect my warranty.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome. You will really enjoy the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure I will, I've got a jaguar xf 's' at the moment, which I thought was quick, but the SQ5 I took for a test drive absolutely blows it away!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome mate

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcome, I've ordered mine in solid black, but having seen some on here in estoril blue I'm hoping to persuade my wife to change her mind!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wanted Estoril too, but it's been discontinued. May still be able to get it as a special colour but think it's 2 grand! I was toying between solid black, lava grey and phantom black and went for phantom. Either way I think they are all a pain to keep clean so will be time to buy a decent pressure washer!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Blacks worst colour 2 clean,get lava 😄

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, I didn't realise they'd stopped that colour. Solid black it is then and some good wax........any suggestions anybody?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Zymol Vintage...HA HA!!! It's a bargain..

read my recent post ..".had call/detailer"... all will become apparent

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Blacks worst colour 2 clean,get lava ������
You are not kidding, i'll never have black ever again....
its just impossible. saying that the estoril can look dark and time and will in time show marks no doubt.

WHITE is the only colour for me going forward

·
Registered
249 Posts
Oh, I didn't realise they'd stopped that colour. Solid black it is then and some good wax........any suggestions anybody?
In my opinion solid black does not look good, the crystal black looks best followed by the pearl effect black.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts