Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Happy to say I picked up my new 2018 SQ5 on saturday. (Daytona Grey, Pan Roof, V.Cockpit, Flat St Wheel)
Absolutely loving the car, taking it steady to run it in for a couple of months.
Is this still necessary for new cars these days?

I have a couple of queries I would appreciate any feedback on:

1) Hill Hold Assist: My dealer sent the build spec for the car before I ordered and it clearly stated that the hill hold assist was included, but there is no (A) button next to the parking brake in my vehicle. Will this be an error by Audi?
Are the build codes specific to a vehicle or just identifying which extra options are included over the base car?
I have challenged my dealer to get this retrofitted as I was expecting it.
Does anyone know if this is possible for the dealer to do?

2) The build spec also highlighted the standard LED package was included. This should include lighting across the centre console as well as footwells, door handles etc. Some of these areas are lit, but there is definitely no light anywhere near the console. I have tried adjusting the brightness in the settings but this has no effect.
Could this be a defect, or is it possible that I have not had the full LED option installed somehow.

Appreciate any comments and feedback at all.

Thank you

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you have your order number you might be able to still pull your spec by logging into myAudi (replace 00000000 below with your order number)

https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/00000000

I see these items in my spec document:

"subParentLabel": "Assistance systems",
"productId": "MFSBUH2",
"name": "Hill hold assist",

"subParentLabel": "Interior lighting",
"productId": "MLCPQQ2",
"name": "Extended LED Interior Lighting Pack - multi-coloured",

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion mxnrg.

i cannot find an order number on my paperwork. I was told the car was an unallocated vehicle coming through the system. It meant I only had to wit a few weeks to get it.
Is it possible to get the number anywhere else based on the chassis number?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion mxnrg.

i cannot find an order number on my paperwork. I was told the car was an unallocated vehicle coming through the system. It meant I only had to wit a few weeks to get it.
Is it possible to get the number anywhere else based on the chassis number?
More experienced guys than me might know how to get the order number from the VIN. Your dealer will know the order number and have the exact specification. I suspect they may be being economical with the truth on the exact spec...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi All

Happy to say I picked up my new 2018 SQ5 on saturday. (Daytona Grey, Pan Roof, V.Cockpit, Flat St Wheel)
Absolutely loving the car, taking it steady to run it in for a couple of months.

1) Hill Hold Assist: My dealer sent the build spec for the car before I ordered and it clearly stated that the hill hold assist was included, but there is no (A) button next to the parking brake in my vehicle. Will this be an error by Audi?
Are the build codes specific to a vehicle or just identifying which extra options are included over the base car?

2) The build spec also highlighted the standard LED package was included. This should include lighting across the centre console as well as footwells, door handles etc. Some of these areas are lit, but there is definitely no light anywhere near the console. I have tried adjusting the brightness in the settings but this has no effect.
Could this be a defect, or is it possible that I have not had the full LED option installed somehow.

Thank you
Is it the standard LED package you should have had or the extended? I've got the standard on my SLINE and wasn't an option.
The lights on the centre console on mine are under the aluminium trim and in the cubby hole near the start stop button. Lights are also by the door pulls, foot well (only when the engine is off and ignition on). Externally I have them under the door handles and on the SLINE door sills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi All

Thank you
ad 1. You should differentiate between hill hold assist and auto hold (if these are proper name for your market... I'm Polish). HHA is standard and it helps to move from stand still on incline. When you move foot from break pedal it keeps breaks applied for second or so, allowing you to press accelerator without car rolling on itself. AH automatically engages parking brake when you come to full stop and apply strong press on break pedal (and then you can remove the feet). This one is activated with 'A' button on center console.
ad 2. I'm not sure about all differences between basic and full LED ambient package. I have full one (with ability to change colors) and light strip on center console is there, but hardly visible (especially for driver). It is located on side of central tunnel, under decorative element (one that optionally can be leather covered) and as it points light down, it is hard to notice that it enlightens side of console. Best to see it is to look at console from passenger side with doors opened. Or put the hand into gap under the decor and check if it gets illuminated...

·
Registered
597 Posts
I suspect they may be being economical with the truth on the exact spec...

X2.

If that is what you have paid for, it should be fitted.

The order number will confirm 100% and that maybe why you don't have it :-(.

The dealer should offer a refund or allow you to reject the car.

Rappy

·
Registered
473 Posts
Can you check the sticker which details the option codes on the car...usually found in the service booklet (but don't get those anymore do we?) OR I think under the boot floor carpet?

However I'm thinking as above you were misinformed.

Presumably you have a couple of options - reject the car for a replacement or maybe some sort of compensation deal which sees you keep the car and some money back in the pocket ????????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the responses.

It is the auto hold function I was expecting (activated by the A button next to P brake.) My dealer has now indicated that they can a pack to retrofit this which I will look to get them do. I assume they can do this without causing any other damage to the vehicle.

It is just the standard LED package I should have. I do seem to have a number of the lights working (door handles and footwells etc) but nothing across the console near the aluminium trim.
The brightness adjustment also has very little effect on the actual brightness which also seems strange.

I will ask the dealer to look into this when it goes in for retrofit of auto hold.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi All

Thank you
Congratulations on your new Q5, but sorry to hear yours is missing the hill-hold assist option, which I believe can be retrofitted by some companies, though I'm not sure an Audi dealer would be willing to do this, but you can only ask. My 2018 Q5 has this fitted, and even though it's an Stronic, I still find it very useful, especially in traffic......I also had this on my previous A3 saloon.

Regarding the standard LED package, I have this on my Q5, and have just checked the various lights and can confirm that the centre console ones are alongside each side of the console about 10mm below the top of the console...they are very subtle and the best way to see them is to look at the side of the console from an open door.......they are very similar to the door stripe lights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts