Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to select a particular registration from a choice of available regs at their dealership prior to picking up their new car? I'm due to pick up my SQ5 at the end of the month and asked the dealership if this was possible as I've been able to do this with previous cars but was told it is not an option. I'm not talking about a personalised reg, just a quick look at the available registrations the dealership has and to be able to choose a particular one.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
You can normally get a random block that you could pick from, but some dealer just auto assign.
So, down to your local dealer really.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My dealer sent me loads to choose from and asked my to choose 3 in order of preference. I find it odd a dealer won't let you choose - it is no extra work for them. I would go go back to your dealer and ask if you can choose from a small list (maybe 5). Hope it all works out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My dealer sent me loads to choose from and asked my to choose 3 in order of preference. I find it odd a dealer won't let you choose - it is no extra work for them. I would go go back to your dealer and ask if you can choose from a small list (maybe 5). Hope it all works out.
Dealer allocated mine but I think its just as good as any other standard plate.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Like G dog my dealer offered me a choice of registration numbers (and similarly with previous cars). No big deal though if you get offered only one that's acceptable to you.

·
Banned
489 Posts
It's down to the dealer - some do, some don't.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I asked, but got no choice... odd as had no issues before..

·
Registered
137 Posts
i and my wife got to choose from a block of numbers assignd to the dealer you should be albe to do this if you speak nicely to your sales man these were at differant dealers aslo

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just went in to finalise documents for our CitiGo run around.... was given a book of registrations to choose from, quite some difference from Maidstone Audi..

·
Registered
877 Posts
Just went in to finalise documents for our CitiGo run around.... was given a book of registrations to choose from, quite some difference from Maidstone Audi..
Amazing how some dealers go that little bit further on customer service..

...I've just booked my SQ in for oil change/inspection service and they wanted £12 for a courtesy car ( which I naturally declined as they couldn't tell me what I'd get for that and I object to paying for a courtesy car anyway). I am trying them for the first time ( having sourced my vehicle from elsewhere) but as there are about 5 dealerships within reach, if this standard of customer service continues, I shall be looking elsewhere....

·
Registered
706 Posts
£12 for a courtessy car is nothing given that you will probably use that much of their fuel. I don't pay for mine but I am sure it is in the price of a service somewhere.

·
Registered
877 Posts
£12 for a courtessy car is nothing given that you will probably use that much of their fuel. I don't pay for mine but I am sure it is in the price of a service somewhere.
Point taken but I'd think I'd struggle to use £12 of petrol in the 1.5 hours they tell me all this will take...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Point taken but I'd think I'd struggle to use £12 of petrol in the 1.5 hours they tell me all this will take...
It's usually for insurance cover, if you have our own policy to cover their vehicle (and can prove it) there's no charge. I have always managed to negotiate it off the price of a service, but maybe an oil service wouldn't qualify. If it's only 1.5 hours why don't you take a good book or tablet and make the most of their refreshment facilities?

·
Registered
877 Posts
It's usually for insurance cover, if you have our own policy to cover their vehicle (and can prove it) there's no charge. I have always managed to negotiate it off the price of a service, but maybe an oil service wouldn't qualify. If it's only 1.5 hours why don't you take a good book or tablet and make the most of their refreshment facilities?
I'm going to - and wander around their showroom and attempt to avoid buying another vehicle

·
Registered
469 Posts
Trying to charge for a courtesy car is becoming increasingly common. Never paid for one in almost 30 years and not intending to start now. I always replace any fuel used however as that is only fair given that I would require to put fuel in my own car if I was using it. I lives more than 50 miles from any dealer so usually combine any dealer visit with other business hence have their car for most of the day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts