Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone driving in France, be aware that as from July 2018 the maximum speed limit on single lane roads, usually designated as D roads, has been reduced from 90 to 80 kph. Currently if like me you use your satnav system the maximum limit stills displays as 90 so needs an update. Police are keen to enforce this and only allow a 5kph leeway so beware and avoid a speeding ticket. Anyone know how to notify the Audi map people of this change to prompt an update to the system ?

·
Banned
323 Posts
This speed limit change is now common knowledge all over the web and was before July 2018, so Audi will already know about it. It will not be them who implement it, it will be their OEM map suppliers, so most probably, the changes will appear on the next update.

If you feel you need to tell someone outside Audi, then the following company would be the one who are OEM suppliers..

http://www.satnavsystems.com/about-us/

Contact details:
http://www.satnavsystems.com/contact-us

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got a late 2016 Q5, don't recall speed limits being on the display? Do I have to activate something?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Also please be aware of the Green Zones in France, Austria, Belgium, Denmark and Germany. This requires you to register your vehicle online for the various countries to recieve a windscreen sticker restricting or allowing the vehicle to enter controlled zones in various cities depending on pollution levels and vehicle classification.

Costs about €4 for the French CRIT'Air registration, it's fairly straight forward and takes about a week for the sticker to arrive in the post.

Fines for none compliance range from €68 to €375.

There's a very good App to download explaining the detail for each country 'green-zones.eu'

·
Registered
83 Posts
I forgot to add for those unaware that if you get caught using a satnav pinpointing speed cameras in France the fine is significant, something like €6,000. Ouch!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But if your like me and enjoy a glass or two of wine or fizz ( sorry Cremant) then consider plane luggage allowance vs Q5 boot space....... no contest 🍷🍷

1 - 7 of 7 Posts