Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think the HDD version is now 7 digit postcode though?

·
Registered
54 Posts
You now get cruise control and Bluetooth as standard on the SE.

Only a few minor tweaks on the whole range which I can live with.

Mine was built this week so hopefully I'll get to drive it early July.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I cancelled the original order i put in back in Nov '11 which was due for delivery in July. I put my order in yesterday and have a confirmed build week.

I really do prefer the headlights of the facelift. Interesting point to note is that the spare wheel is now standard.

·
Registered
578 Posts
It says 7 digit postcode in the brochure - no major updates apart from the lights and a few tweaks - not worth an upgrade for existing Q5 owners, also they seem to have put the price up! My thoughts:

- Audi seem to have a new strategy these days around protecting residuals. Any significant update would have harmed residuals of existing Q5's, this is only a facelift though but the facelift A4's seemed to wipe a lot off the old model when they were released.

- I now drive an A8 and found out that Audi throw everything they've got into this car and then flow it down to other models over a 4-6 year period. I am suprised not to see ALL LED headlights on the new Q5/A5 models. Also the MMI/Nav should have Googlemaps like in the A8.

Reactions: Nate777

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ive just returned From the 2nd of the 2 dealers I've visited today, both told me orders are not yet open for the new q5 (2013 model) if I was to place an order now it would be the current model. They are expecting orders to open very soon but most likely be dec or just after before i will get my hands on the car.
I noticed Audi have updated the pics on their website to the new model but not yet on the configurator.
A question to those of you who already have the pleasure of owning a q5....would you recommend getting the panoramic roof ? I can't decide

·
Banned
842 Posts
One of my regrets not ordering it if im honest.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I dont have the sun roof, quiet happy to keep the car cool, less leaks, less noise, less problems, less money, then I do have my Harley

Sun roof and 3 zone AC !! one cancels another.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks fellas. Being honest noise is my main concern, the Qs I've driven haven't had sunroofs yet I've found them quite noisy already (big mirrors etc) keeping cool wouldn't really bother me, ive always been a windows open rather than an air con person, had to give up my bike after coming off till I retire :) (promise to the kids)
Would like to hear off those with the roof about noise levels and if the blind helps keep the sun at bay when the car is left for a few hours before deciding. Cheers

·
Registered
140 Posts
One more thing , really like the alloys Audi have used on all the promo stuff of the new q5 .. Apparently their a £1250. Extra not available for sline/sline plus models ? Seems crazy to me as surely giving the new 2013 model a new set of alloys would have been an easy way to give the facelift a slightlyl different look?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Cruiser,

I've got the panoramic roof, and it was one thing I specifically looked for when buying it 2nd hand.

I guess I didn't necessarily buy it to have it open all the time, but it does give a great sense of space above your head and really opens the inside of the cabin up in my opinion. My 10 month old daughter loves it, and loves watching the trees and sky as we drive along :)

The sun blind is actually very effective and in the recent hot spell we had, the inside of the car was no different to that of a car without the sunroof and its very good at keeping the sun of passengers inside as you really notice the sun when the blind is put back.

The motion of the sun blind and the opening of the roof is very well engineered and its pretty cool to open and close. My daughter also loves watching it.

Noise wise, it obviously is quite an open cabin if its fully opened, so it can quite quite noisy at higher speeds, but pootling around the country lanes etc, its very pleasant to have it open and it gives a different driving experience - dare I say almost like a cabrio.

It also has a pop up wind deflector at the front which comes up when the roof is opened - its pretty effective and something I have noticed is that it catches a lot of flies! So maybe its dual purpose? :)

I guess the only concern I have had, is if something came through the roof when its fully opened - but I guess that no different than driving an open top car. I'm always half expecting a bird to give me a present!

No regrets in getting it - just another big piece of glass to keep clean though and it has just started squeaking when opening - so I guess it needs greasing.

Cheers and good luck in your decision making :)

IMG_0409.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
thanks Moonmonkey very informative !!! To be honest I am leaning towards it.... have you noticed any increased wind noise when it's fully closed ? Had a little play with one yesterday at the dealership and it seemed to work very well. Blind is great isn't it :)

I'm a bit like you, won't necessarily want to have it open all the time but nice for the kids to look out etc. I've worked on quite a lot of audis and apart from the odd squeak haven't had many problems with the panoramics ...( not counting an encounter with an a2 that had completely come off :) )

As diesel doug said earlier it is something extra to go wrong/leaks and Sunroofs in general do give me the occasional nightmare had a few issues with the new beetles, but normally on cars at least 6 years old and normally French :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi, I have the pano roof and love it. MoonMonkey describes it very well and I would definitely have it again. My children also enjoy it. There is no wind noise when closed and the blind does a terrific job in keeping he cabin cool in hot weather. I have taken it through the car wash a few times and the kids scream when the brushes roll over the top but it is water tight!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sounds good to me !!! Now just to decide one final thing ...colour :)
Wife wants ibis, I'm partial to abit of monsoon grey myself ..... Wife will probably win if I'm honest !!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Audi updated the configurator this morning so you can now spec the new q5 and get your build code...guess what phoned all the dealers, orders are still not open for the new model :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts