Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went to Derby audi and had 4 new tyres on my 2011 Q5 se 29000 miles on the clock and spoke to the salesman that sold me the car and he worked some figures out on a new s-line plus tdi 177 manual,zero deposit,£1500 deposit from equity in my vehicle and also a deposit contribution form the dealer also £2000 discount off the vehicle on a 4 year pcp they will do it for the same monthly payment as i am paying now.
Could not believe the deal on offer have not made my mind up yet, is it a no brainer or does the deal sound to good to be true and is the s-line plus the car to have any info would be appreciated.

DCD

·
Registered
130 Posts
Might be they have a good deal on te finance rate at the moment. When we were looking for what turned out to be our q5 we were offered a fully loaded BMW x5 for the same monthly payment as an average spec x3 with the same deposit. An apr of 3% against 11% makes a massive difference.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they do have a low rate finance deal on at the moment 7.8% apr with a £1500 deposit dealer contribution.
Anyone got any news on what the s-line plus is like for example 20 inch wheels how different is the ride and more importantly is it worth the extra money.

DCD

·
Registered
79 Posts
On the face of it sounds like a good deal to me so long as you're happy to keep the new Q5 for as long as the new PCP lasts and not overly bothered about purchasing at the end of the term? Of course if you had planned to purchase the SE at the end of the current term then it requires some more thought

As far as I can see, you're getting a brand new, higher spec car and you're outgoings each month are the same as now? What's the GFV on the S line Plus and over what term?

Can't answer your question about the 20" wheels but I suspect there's little difference so long as it's not specced with the optional S Line sports suspension .As for whether the S Line Plus is worth the extra money....well you're not paying any extra money so I'd say yes!!

To me, PCP all depends on whether you plan (and can afford) to buy the car at the end of the term or if you're happy to just give the car back andf take out another finance deal. If the former then you need to ask yoruself if the extra GFV over your current SE can be justified come the end of term?

·
Still Game
4,615 Posts
Seems like a good offer.

I have 19in on my S Line. I recently test drove one with 20in wheels. I did not notice any difference in the quality of the ride.

Difficult to comment on S Line Plus value for money. We all have different priorities and some have deeper pockets. Interesting comment from the salesman was that the S Line Plus would be easier to sell and worth more when you come to trade.

·
Registered
79 Posts
PS Is that finance deal and dealer contribution just for PCP on an Sline Plus or any of the range? Can't find any reference to it on the Audi UK site?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The GFV at the end of the agreement on the s-line plus is £16000 on a 4 year pcp based on 15,000 miles a year and immediate delivery and a choice of colours available so should get the car within 2 weeks which is a bonus avoiding any lead times.
The finance deal is with sytner group and applies to the s-line and s-line plus it is on the sytner website under aud new car offers.
The GFV on my se is £11500 at the end of the agreement.
The salesman says that they have been tasked by audi to look after exsisting customers and that is why they are able to discount more than usual
although i dont take these comments to serious as they just want to sell you the car because thats what they are paid to do.

DCD

·
Registered
79 Posts
£16k seems about right to me as a trade in value after 4years/60k so you've got to ask yourself whether youll be able to pay that in 4 years time IF your wanted to keep the car? Seems like a good deal to me tbh especially as you can have delivery in the next few weeks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes they do have a low rate finance deal on at the moment 7.8% apr with a £1500 deposit dealer contribution.
Anyone got any news on what the s-line plus is like for example 20 inch wheels how different is the ride and more importantly is it worth the extra money.

DCD
Ride is perfect on my 6 week old Sline Plus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts