Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I picked up my q5 yesterday and am very pleased with it so far. Its the 170PS 2.0TDI engine and I'm impressed at how quiet and smooth the engine is.

Anyway, couple of Questions...

1. I have a standard smart key that I plug into the dash. I haven't attached this to my house keys as I think they will hang down and rub/damage the dash. What does everyone else do?

2. The dealer gave me an iPhone adapter for the stereo after I asked (the brochure said the Tech Pack with MMI should come with it). As soon as I connect the cable the source screen shows the cable as 'unsupported' before I even connect the phone. I've done some searching and it looks like I need to make sure the cable is the correct version. It's an iPhone 4S, can anyone tell me exactly what this cable should be so I can ask for it when I go to the dearlers again tomorrow.

Thanks,

Steven

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi

Congratulations on buying the Q5 - had mine 12months and love it.

Regarding your 2nd point, I have experienced exactly the same myself. Until recently I was using an iPhone 3GS and experienced the same message - but it worked fine, no problem at all. I have also recently upgraded to the 4S and received the same message - again, it works absolutely fine. I don't think you have anything to be concerned about from my experience.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Thats reassuring I've just got the new 4S and we went for the tech pack high. Hope you're enjoying your Q5, we get ours fingers crossed 2nd week of December.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem isn't that the phone says its not supported. I've seen that mentioned on blogs and it's the same error the iphone will display on legacy audio kit. It's only because there may be some phone interference.

The problem I have is that on the MMI under the sources screen the AMI (audio media interface) says no cable at first. Them I plug the cable in and the MMi screen changes to 'not supported'. This is without anything being on the end of the cable which is why I'm pretty sure the cale is the wrong type.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I keep my key separate, my knee kept catching other keys when driving.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know this is silly and please do not take this the wrong way, but ..........
The ami interface is in the glovebox and there is an MP3 player imput in the centre console, you are plugging into the correct one
kc

·
Registered
249 Posts
I know this is silly and please do not take this the wrong way, but .......... The ami interface is in the glovebox and there is an MP3 player imput in the centre console, you are plugging into the correct one kc
If you have the AMI there is not input on the dash.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thats reassuring I've just got the new 4S and we went for the tech pack high. Hope you're enjoying your Q5, we get ours fingers crossed 2nd week of December.
SDQ , congrats on the new car

The key in the dash is a pain(ish). I had the dash key on my A5 and just kept a couple of essential keys on it. My S5 had advance key so they stayed in my pocket which was neat. I chose not to cough the £500 for the pleasure in the Q as it is a lot for what it is IMHO. I may end up regretting this once I start using the dash key again.

I have the iPhone 4S and tech Hi and will be using the AMI/iPhone cable from my S5 so hope it works. I think I will snaffle a new one from Audi when I collect the new Q just in case they have changed the spec.

Chopper, have you had confirmation from Audi you will get your car 2nd Dec an if so what was your build week? I was informed my car hit the production line 31/10/2011 but they can't tell me yet when it will arrive at the delaership. They say they have cars that were built 4 weeks ago still stuck at the port!! ;0(

Cheers

Spike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have resorted to using two set of keys. One with house keys and just the audi car key separately to stop it damaging the dash. Not ideal but I am getting used to it.

As for the MMI. The dealer posted me out a new cable which works perfectly with the AMI input on the glovebox, so it was as suspected just the wrong cable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts