Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected it last Friday and spend Sunday waxing it. It drives better than the A7 but the build quality not as good. Still, an excellent car and the wife loves it. Some photos attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
looking good...wheels really suit the silver...

Well worth the long wait....

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Looks very nice.
I agree about the build quality, its not a patch on my previous 2007 A3 which has really surpised me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Looks very nice.
I agree about the build quality, its not a patch on my previous 2007 A3 which has really surpised me.
Disappointed to here that Steppy..

.can you be more specific..cheaper, harder plastics etc??

·
Registered
503 Posts
Not sure why my posts are get corrupted when I quote?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Quality of plastics is definitely lesser; door cards are much more lightweight, trim surrounding heater control plastics don't have the nice soft coating etc. I know that's mainly cosmetic, but the build quality on mine is definitely no where near as good as my A3.

The dash itself is great, no problems there at all, but my main complaint are the numerous creaks and clicks from the rear of the car. I have wedges of foam between the rear quarter light windows and the trim which supports the parcel shelf to stop creaking. Both the A pillar trims click and crack over bumps when the weather gets warm and I get noise from the rear door cards when playing certain types of music - not very B&O. I only had the basic system previously but I could crank that right up and I didn't get a single vibration from the door cards.

Having said all the above I still love the car, just disappointing considering the cost involved

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Congrats mate! After all that it finally arrived!

Hope you ejoy it mate, lovely colour and car
Many happy miles

·
Registered
469 Posts
Quality of plastics is definitely lesser; door cards are much more lightweight, trim surrounding heater control plastics don't have the nice soft coating etc. I know that's mainly cosmetic, but the build quality on mine is definitely no where near as good as my A3.

The dash itself is great, no problems there at all, but my main complaint are the numerous creaks and clicks from the rear of the car. I have wedges of foam between the rear quarter light windows and the trim which supports the parcel shelf to stop creaking. Both the A pillar trims click and crack over bumps when the weather gets warm and I get noise from the rear door cards when playing certain types of music - not very B&O. I only had the basic system previously but I could crank that right up and I didn't get a single vibration from the door cards.

Having said all the above I still love the car, just disappointing considering the cost involved
Agree with Steppy on the plastics quality, particularly interior door trims which are a real downturn in perceived quality feel compared to Audi of old. New A6 is similarly less impressive on the door trim front and I was disappointed at this when I was considering what to replace my A6 with last year.
Door pockets are thin flexi-plastic now and no fabric lining.
That said I have no significant concerns about "build" quality with no rattles or creaks yet.
My wife's 2007 A3 which was much lower in the food chain than a Q5 had much better interior trim quality.

Reactions: Steppy

·
Registered
157 Posts
Agree on quality of materials on the Q5. My SQ5 has noticeably cheap plastics on door pockets, around the stereo, under the steering wheel, central console, boot carpet feels a bit cheap, some parts of the seats and a few other bits. I'm a little disappointed given Audi's reputation for build quality but having seen the inside of some of the newer model BMW's it seems Audi are not alone in this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looking good.

I've never seen those wheels before, I though sline plus was either the standard 5 spoke or the off-road design, they are a nice clean alternative.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stupot, you are quite correct. The Sline plus comes with either 15 spokes as standard or 10 spoke as an alternative. I love clean wheels and having orderred the PQ7's 10 spoke or 5 double spoke, I just could not bring myself to clean them, so I orderred before delivery of my new car, a set of Q5 winter wheels and tyres from Germany. Kept the winter wheels and put the summer tyres on them. I have just sold the PQ7's for £1100, so a no cost swap realy. The best part is, just look at how easy those wheels are to clean.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Shabazmo,
I notice from your photos that you, like me, are also missing the hook on the passenger side of the centre console that comes as part of the storage pack. Have you had any discussion with your dealer about this omission?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts