Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new white Q5 and was and still am very happy with it, ALTHOUGH I was mislead when I bought it! I stupidly assumed that all Audi's had the LED white lights (which I specified that I wanted I might add) and did not realise until the day after I purchased it that mine does not it has the day running lights but not LED's and the lights are yellow! When I questioned the Sales Man he said he did not realise until he spoke with their Service Dept who advised that only the S Line Q5's have these which are a further £7K on top of what I have have already paid!

I told him I was dissapointed that he had not made me fully aware of all the specs and he apologised half heartedly and advised me to see if Halfords had any white bulbs that could make the lights look white instead of yellow, which is totally beside the point

So I am left with a car that I am no so happy with that cost me more than I wanted to pay!

·
Registered
134 Posts
In my opinion this salesman should not be working selling any Audi product if he does not know the spec difference between a standard model or se and s-line on a Q5 as this model is in strong demand hence the 6 month waiting list from new.
The led lights are a £1,250 extra if you want them on the se and any Audi salesman should know that.
If i were you i would ring Audi customer services and complain that you have been mislead and that you are not happy with the poor information you were given by a salesman that clearly needs to revise on all the audi range.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Agree - happens all too often. No excuses, sales staff should know the product they are selling and you should let Audi UK know about this so that 1) They might be able to put things right for you and 2) They start to understand that a lot of their UK dealerships are sub-standard and need sorting out.

My dealership led me a merry dance - I ended up going in there and telling them about their own products. If I hadn't insisted that they amended my order I would not have got what I wanted despite the salesman insisting that I would. And for the record, the order was amended very late in the process with no affect at all on delivery times.

Makes my blood boil - not good enough - shoddy - spoils the whole Audi experience.

Welcome to the forum by the way, hope you enjoy it more than your DRL's lol

I'll PM you some contact information.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Well, if I specifically asked for a certain feature when ordering a car I would fully expect that the salesperson selling me the car would be able to tell me if that feature came as standard or was available as an option and, if it was available as an option, how much it would cost me.

Then, to add insult to injury, he says that he didn't realise until he had spoken to his Service Department which models came with the LED DRL's.

To be fair to him he may be new to the brand in which case he should have either checked his own brochure or fetched someone from the Service Department to help him (he says, tongue in cheek). It's not as if you would think any less of him if he had to check up on the facts - that said I would have expected him to know which car came with LED DRL's if he had been with Audi any length of time.

It's not like you are buying a £15 Toaster from C***t only to find when you get it home that it doesn't have the defrost function that you specifically asked for.

·
Registered
249 Posts
When ordering my Q5 170 TDi manual I wanted the 3-zone climate control the salesman said it was standard and I did not need to specify it, I wasn't 100% certain he was correct and checked my brochure, sure enough it was standard but only if I was buying the 3L TDi so I was able to correct him and get the car I wanted. The salesman I dealt with was the senior salesman at the dealership. I feel Audi need to spend more on staff training, when your spending £35k on a car you want it to be right first time. The dealership had two 6 month old cars on the forecourt which had arrived with the wrong spec they admitted both were due to mistakes made by the sales team.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, if I specifically asked for a certain feature when ordering a car I would fully expect that the salesperson selling me the car would be able to tell me if that feature came as standard or was available as an option and, if it was available as an option, how much it would cost me.

Then, to add insult to injury, he says that he didn't realise until he had spoken to his Service Department which models came with the LED DRL's.

To be fair to him he may be new to the brand in which case he should have either checked his own brochure or fetched someone from the Service Department to help him (he says, tongue in cheek). It's not as if you would think any less of him if he had to check up on the facts - that said I would have expected him to know which car came with LED DRL's if he had been with Audi any length of time.

It's not like you are buying a £15 Toaster from C***t only to find when you get it home that it doesn't have the defrost function that you specifically asked for.
A considered and restrained response to an unnecessarily abrupt comment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts