Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On one hand they say they can't give one buyer a discount and another nothing, Then when you say you can get it cheaper in another part of the country they say woe hold on let's see what we can do !!, well it makes you wonder " just what is the correct price you should pay for a car ??

·
Registered
700 Posts
I know exactly what you mean Satch, it does piss you off a bit, next time im shopping round to get discount, hardly got any this time, make sure you shop round, word on here is Drive the Deal is one of the best ways to save money, not had any experience of them myself.

Best of luck

·
Registered
877 Posts
Agreed. At one point I began to wonder whether the salesmen were in the car-selling business at all.

Still waiting for two to come back to me who I sat down and physically chatted to (and sent a chaser email to) and have still had no reply to a large percentage of the emails I sent to all Audi dealers in the UK to whom I sent an email.

I can only assume that they were un-excited about my insistence of buying cash and not taking the finance. None of them seemed to understand the fact that due to the low interest rate I was getting from the bank that paying a headline 6.7% or lower meant that I was essentially giving them at least 4/5% on my money for two years free servicing which, as I pointed out, was basically 1 service.

Frankly as soon as you started talking a cash sale, their interest level dropped appreciably....

·
Banned
489 Posts
I have used brokers many times. It's just so much easier. Separate the new purchase from the 'trade-in' and get some clarity. Get a discounted new car price (9-10% mentioned on here via broker intro) and sell your old car in a different transaction to someone else. Carfile (details in my sig) have organised this for me and I'd heartily recommend them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am buying with audi finance to get the audi contribution towards deposit and 2 years free servicing. You can pay off the finance the very next day which is exactly what I am going to do! I have taken a personal loan at 5% interest for the car. I live in Aberdeen and cancelled my order here (dealer was giving 8% discount without me asking which was a surprise!) to go down to Grimsby to buy nearly new q5 this weekend. I have had good response from carfile but chose against as there was a few month wait for the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts