Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon everyone,

I've decided to get the car I should have got some 2 years ago when I bought my A4 Avant 2ltr TFSI. The lead time put me off 2 years ago and i pretty much had a choice on the A4.

So 2 plus years on the order is in for a nice new Q5 and I have to wait until September to pick it up.

This place could become a regular stopping point to catch up on all things Q5 related while i sit back and wait for my queue slot.

Happy Friday.

Nate

·
Banned
842 Posts
Welcome Nate,

Hopefully your build date is brought forward but this forum gave me some respite while I waited for mine.

What spec you ordered?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Nate,

Hopefully your build date is brought forward but this forum gave me some respite while I waited for mine.

What spec you ordered?
Cheers Chopper,

So i've gone for the 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line Plus which pretty much has more than i need and more then my current A4.

I was toying with the options list but it could have gone mental so I decided to see sense and stick with the standard spec.

Although after sitting in my father in laws XF on a freezing cold evening I'm think that adding heated seats would be a good idea. The A4 is half/half so I don't feel the extreme coldness of leather.

Other than that, I've gone for Tungsten Grey for that slight hint of purple.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Have a look on the forums for suggestions on options. Have you considered the collapsible spare - £80 if ordered from factory. £300-400 if ordered from the dealer post delivery. Also the interior light pack ? £80 adds the dome lights, map lights etc...

Definately go for the heated seats!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'd recommend upgrading to Tech Pack High - for £470 you'll get a DVD player, Hard Drive for music and 3D sat nav. Also you should definately order the collapsable spare for £110, the Q5 doesn't come with a spare wheel as standard. I have the 5 year warranty pack as I intend on keeping the car quite a while.

September seems a way off, I was told 2-3 months by my contact at Audi.

Be careful with the Tunsten Grey, it's very Purple!! Some people like it and it does look smart but in my opinion it's a bit girly.

Best of luck and welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Werid - Chopper and I posted at the same time
good minds think alike.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like heated seats and spare wheel are a must.

I mulled over the HDD upgrade and keep asking myself how many DVD's will i watch. For music connectivity AMI works for me now so it's standard on the S-Line Plus.

Colour wise, luckily the dealer had a Q5 in Tungsten for me to see. I like it but i can't see where the 'girly' comment comes from. I had a TT before the A4 so am used to the lads taking the piss.

Sept kind of falls good for me as the A4 goes back in Aug.

Anyway thanks for the welcome. Seems like a good bunch. Most Audi forums usually are.

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kramer, I really liked Teak Brown too. My wife canned that idea though

I think the tungsten is a little bit different. It's time for a change from my last few Audi colours, Ice Silver, Dolphin Grey.

I would have gone for one of the blue's but I cant stomach the Audi Exclusive prices.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I hear that. Although I've not heard of anyone with a Q5 in Ipenema Brown, that colour is amazing! Exclusive colours should be around £1k extra now that Metallic is inc in the S-Line Plus.

Reactions: Nate777

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ipenema brown is a great colour. Very bold and a colour you'd get noticed in.

Another colour the wife would not allow.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My wife WANTED ours in purple so we had to go down the exclusive colour route. Must say that it suits the car and makes the car unique.

Check out the reader's drives section for pictures.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My wife WANTED ours in purple so we had to go down the exclusive colour route. Must say that it suits the car and makes the car unique.

Check out the reader's drives section for pictures.
Really nice colour. Shame Audi don't add some bold colours to the standard list.

I bet it yours looks different colours in different lighting scenarios. It kind of looks like it in your photos anyway.

My wife wants your car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Congrats on the order. I, like you; went for the S Line +, and the spec is great. On top of that I went for a few extras like suggested above. What I will say, is this, if you are spending £40k on a car. get all the toys you want, even if like me, its just for a bit of show, like the folding mirrors.

Chose wisely, and be sure to spec exactly what you want. My Q5 arrives in a week, however I wont take delivery until 1st March. Can't wait.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Congrats on the order. I, like you; went for the S Line +, and the spec is great. On top of that I went for a few extras like suggested above. What I will say, is this, if you are spending £40k on a car. get all the toys you want, even if like me, its just for a bit of show, like the folding mirrors.

Chose wisely, and be sure to spec exactly what you want. My Q5 arrives in a week, however I wont take delivery until 1st March. Can't wait.
Yeah I think I may go back to the dealer this week and see what I can add.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah I think I may go back to the dealer this week and see what I can add.
Good for you... Let us know what spec you end up with.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts