Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
New to Audi and have had a stunning looking white 2016 2.0l manual diesel Q5 since January this year (whereas previously all my life I had been a BMW owner - sorry for using that kind of language on the forum if it offends anyone) which initially I thought was an incredible looking car and was exceptionally pleased with especially the Bang & Olufsen sound system. Have driven less than 5,000 miles in it, but back in April noticed the car would sometimes cut-out (Auto Stop/Start would disengage) when slowing down i.e. intermittently at roundabouts, tee junctions and once at a school zebra crossing. I thought it was my driving, but with difficulty I can deliberately stall the car but the Auto Stop/Start continues to operate and the engine re-starts. Local garage has had it in (and again booked for December 11th) and have stated they know of one other customer with the same issue, this has been going on too long. Has anyone else experienced the problem or have any ideas or solutions? Any positive info would be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks, pleasure_principle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi all,

New to Audi and have had a stunning looking 2016 white Q5 S Line Plus 2.0 TDI manual since January this year which initially I thought was an incredible looking car and was exceptionally pleased with especially the Bang & Olufsen sound system.

I have driven less than 5,000 miles in it, but back in April noticed the car engine would sometimes cut-out and the Auto Stop/Start would disengage requiring to manual re-start it with the key. This only happens intermittently (about 15 times) when slowing down i.e. at roundabouts, tee junctions and once at a school zebra crossing. I thought it was my driving, but with difficulty I have deliberately stalled the car but the Auto Stop/Start continues to operate and the engine re-starts when taking foot off the clutch (bump starting it).

The local dealer has had it in (and again booked in for December 11th) with no fault recorded or found or replicated, but stated they know of one other customer with the same issue, On the second occasion of having it in the dealer technician tried to demonstrate how by stalling the car and coasting down the road for a period he got the car to disengage the auto stop/start but it took a while and it did not replicate the circumstances when it actually occurs. Also when he tried on another 2016 Q5 (but not one that has the Adblue Additive engine) he could not disengage the Auto stop start by stalling it and also said it was impossible on a tiptronic

However I feel that this is a safety issue and after so many months that it has been going on they are taking too long to resolve the issue. Audi UK are sympathetic but are washing their hands of it and have left it with the dealer.

Has anyone else experienced the problem or have any ideas or solutions? Any positive info would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks, pleasure_principle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts