Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just joined up - picked up my SQ5 last week

Only happened to be going for a look around the forecourt at lunchtime and something caught my eye

Its used, so not made to my spec but pretty much came with everything apart from SAT NAV

Brief spec - 63 plate Lava Grey with Black Optics - 21" Alloys, Pan sunroof, FB steering wheel, Privacy Glass, Carbon Inlays, B&O, heated front and rear seats, Power Tailgate and essentially a Towing Kit!

I thought it would take a lot to get me out of my RS4 but the SQ5 managed. I had a mapped Disco before the RS so the SQ fits nicely between the two in terms of Performance and Practicallity.

PIcs to follow when i get it detailed properly

I said i would leave it alone but have already spoken with MRC regards options, and looked at some additional Carbon parts to tie in with the inlays - the rear diffuser colour is not so nice on the grey in my opinion

Happy days so far though

Based in Aberdeen (Scotland) so a few SQ's going about but mostly White or Blue so far

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the board.

It is possible to retrofit Sat Nav, SQs without it are very rare, you don't have Audi Drive Select either then.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
No i have drive select but no Sat Nav
I stand corrected, apologies, it's only the Individual Mode setting that you would need Nav for...no great loss.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome, look forward trying to spot you around and about.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard ,nice spec ,another BEAST hits the road 😄

·
Registered
277 Posts
Bare in mind that if the trims are carbon atlas (apposed to the exclusive carbon option) that the weave pattern is not 2x2 twill so wont tie in unless you get the same weave.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah - wont be a big issue for anything external - the last stuff i got done in the RS was done by Argon Creative and they got it quite close for "the man in the street" not to notice - that was internal stuff mind

I spoke with you on Instagram t'other day - just not had a chance to mail you guys yet

·
Registered
277 Posts
No worries, just let us know and we can price your parts up.

Argon are just down the road from us too!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome I am waiting on new Lava SQ5 what detailing are you getting and pics please
Hi - I'll just be hitting it with my DA polisher and some products - VW/Audi paint is pretty hard stuff which is a pain to detail sometimes but helps with durabilty. Look hard enough at some older paint on a ford and you'll burn through it

The valeters at the dealers never have enough time to correct paint properly - i got the rear bumper and bonnet painted by Audi as part of the deal to sort a nasty stone chip and a minor reversing incident by the previous owner i imagine, credit due they did a cracking job of it.
I think they hit the rest car with the orbital poilsher but you can see buffer trails and slight marring here and there so I'll attend to that and add some protection to the paint

Last car was phantom black so anything is easy to keep after that lol

I never let the dealers wash my car when its in there - seen them take a dry chamois down the side of a car to clear bird crap once - sent a shiver down my spine!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts