Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Due to collect an 09 2.0D SE tomorrow for my wife. Quite well specced in that it has the "High" nav and phone system (I suspect I will be back on here with some qu's about using these soon), the power tailgate and various other bits. Buying from a Audi dealer, 30k miles and reasonable price given the warranty etc. Doesn't have cruise (if I recollect correctly) so might get this retro fitted (I am surprised it isn't standard). It is our first Audi.

Actually some Qus already ...I have seen links on the forum to a site which sells upgrades for the mapping (@£25) on the nav which I shall probably need. Is this safe (i.e will not mess up the thing!) and does anyone know if I can copy CD's onto the hard drive or do i have to load via a SD card (which I have never done). Although it has numerous connections it doesn't have ipod but the dealer said you can connetc it to the system via a cable from the headphone socket. True?

Look forward to ownership and the forum

·
Banned
842 Posts
With respect to your ipod connection if your car has the Tech Pack high it should have the MMI3G with the ipod connection in the glovebox and your dealer should supply you with a cable.

As for copying the music to the hard drive I find this a bit of a faf and prefer to us an SD card (Mymemory sell 32GB cards for £15) and rip CD's to 320KBPS using free software such as freerip.

Cruise can be retrofitted for circa £200 I think.

Welcome along.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for advice. I have the car and first impressions are very positive - good "all purpose" car (if that makes sense), well built, enjoyable to drive, comfortable and spacious. Glad we have the power tailgate. Dealer did not supply ipod cable and so will have to that source but did put new tyres all round which was a bonus. I'll have a go at ripping an SD card! I think cruise is probably a must and so will retro fit some time. Forum has provided some useful reading .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts