Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I would like to introduce myself after placing an order for my first brand new car J. Really excited and looking forward to taking ownership. The dealer has said he should receive it Early/Mid-August therefore recommended that I take ownership on the 1[sup]st[/sup] of September for the new 64 plate. My current car is a 59 plate Audi A4 136 se although I have had no mechanical issues with the car it's starting to feel and sound a little run down. I have been reading that some Audi dealers do a midnight handover for the new registration, has anyone had this? And what was there experience Thanks for all the great information everyone has posted on this site, it has made ordering my car a lot easier. Cheers

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi and welcome,

My dealer and the local BMW dealership do no.t do this any more

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi snoop, welcome. Wherabouts is your dealer?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. It's John Clark Dundee

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Hi Guys

I would like to introduce myself after placing an order for my first brand new car J. Really excited and looking forward to taking ownership. The dealer has said he should receive it Early/Mid-August therefore recommended that I take ownership on the 1[sup]st[/sup] of September for the new 64 plate. My current car is a 59 plate Audi A4 136 se although I have had no mechanical issues with the car it's starting to feel and sound a little run down. I have been reading that some Audi dealers do a midnight handover for the new registration, has anyone had this? And what was there experience Thanks for all the great information everyone has posted on this site, it has made ordering my car a lot easier. Cheers
WELCOME ABOARD,snoop,my dealer deliverd my car nite b4 sep 1st ,and said put in my garage till mid nite ,so it was available to drive early morning,so some dealers will do it,it also gave him more time 4 all the other handovers í ½í¸„

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi,
I also have the S-Line plus in Glacier white, with a few of the options similar to yours.
I have had it exactly 2 months today, put about 2,200 miles on it, and absolutely love it.
Just getting better as everything seems to be settling into place.
You wont be disappointed, it has perfect blend suspension for both comfort and performance on the 20" wheels ( standard suspension )

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was a little worried about the comfort on the 20” wheels. Happy now that you have said that and also glad you are enjoying yours so much

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

My first Q5 had 19" wheels and I fitted 18" during winter. My current car has 20" and I find the ride is no less comfortable.

Aberdeen did midnight handover when the new reg came out. At a.n.other times handover during normal opening hours.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi and welcome snoop, I collect mine on sunday from the same dealer.They have been very good with me so far.

Reactions: Snoop

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi and welcome . I'm expecting to take delivery of my s line plus in sept also. Dealer didn't mention midnight delivery, will look into it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers guys for the warm welcome.
r1vlr I have to agree they have been great. Good luck for Sunday and I hope you enjoy it. Let us know how the big day goes.
Do you know if they still do the alloy and wheel insurance? The wife just passed her test yesterday and think this might pay for itself lol

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Yes they still offer it. I am surprised they did not try to sell you this and gap insurance when you ordered your car as the dealer gets a cut on these.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great will give them a call and ask. Cheers missile

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
No worries, enjoy your new car. It will be worth the wait. Glacier white sparkles in the sun, but difficult to keep clean particularly if you live near homes with coal fires in sunny Montrose.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't live next to any homes with coal fires but do work next door to the scrap yard. Might need to park as far away as possible
I

·
Banned
489 Posts
Have patience and have delivery a couple of days later. You'll get a much better service from the dealer :) Nice choice of car of course! 20in no problem (with standard suspension).

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Shenstone1936. I was thinking about having delivery a couple of days later but am on holiday that week and would rather have my car to play with. Thanks for the information

Hi Shabazmo

No that is something I did not spec unfortunately. I think next week is my build week so too late now

I did vote but never said why I chose it. I have done it now. Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just back from getting my finance finalised with Audi. Signed up to the alloy wheel/tyre insurance at a cost of £399 and gap insurance. They wanted something like £429 for the gap insurance but managed to get it for £199 after telling them that I got a quote from another provider for half the price. Only 18 more sleeps

1 - 20 of 23 Posts