Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
After weeks of back and forth on the RS4 and SQ5, I have cancelled the RS4 order and ordered a Sepang Blue SQ5. As a family man, it's such a good bus and that engine noise!

This forum has been great information on choices and as a result on feed back, I have most of the boxes ticked except adaptive cruise control and Lane assist (I do almost no distance driving.) the carbon inlays seem to get the biggest yes vote so I took that with the flat bottom steering wheel that seems just as popular.

Haven't decided on the sunroof yet, but there is time yet as it's a 7 month wait (the humanity!). Got a really good deal with Broadspeed. This was after Audi Aberdeen told me there is no discount to be had on an SQ5 (even though I buy a new car of them every 12 months), but that's by the by. It does mean I have to go get the car in England, might make a good Road trip.

Thanks again.

SQ5plt

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I find the adaptive cruise to be useful even in town driving, my mercedes has an electonic speed limiter which helps in unknown 30 mph areas.
The adaptive cruise can be used in a similar way.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi,I trawled around the scottish dealers only to be told there is no discount at all but aberdeen did offer me about 4% without ever having been through the door previously.
Went to a broker and got 12% but the deal fell through due to "issues out of their control",eventually managed to get 10% from another broker with either free delivery (trailer to door) or collect from dealership in midlands.Have had my confirmation of order and collect 1 sept onwards.
Think there is an element of price fixing going on between scottish dealerships,broker told me its mainly scottish customers he deals with for audi's.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard 😄

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're another Aberdeen member.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Aberdeen don't like discounting their cars, I guess they don't need too being the biggest new car sales in the UK. But on the plus side I ordered mine a few weeks ago and it's getting built this month. ☺

·
Registered
952 Posts
The broker prices are good but the wait tends to be long. I got about 8% from my dealer and a three month wait was good for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes Aberdeen shifts a 100 cars a week ATM, they don't need to discount at all....well since I have found the brokers I have had 3 mates buy cars from dealers in England, and that's in 2 weeks. I suppose with enough people buying in England perhaps they will start making a better deal, lets hope, as the sales guys are very nice to deal with but their hands are pretty tied but the commercial managers.
That being said I have 7 months wait for the car, Aberdeen would have been 6.

·
Registered
249 Posts
7 months seems like a long time, mine was at the dealers in less than two.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Brokers are generally at the back of the queue and especially if they have some other orders already in place. You take your turn.

Best result is to find a dealer who is willing to discount and has a car on a relatively short delivery schedule.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You might want to give John Clark Audi Dundee a try, ask for Gareth Donaghey am sure he will help you out. Say Brandon recommended you

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
I got a great deal on my SQ5 from Aberdeen Audi.

I got a fantastic deal on my wife's TTR from Aberdeen Audi

None of the online dealers I spoke with could match Abz Audi

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
myAUDIQ5 Master, hearing you got a deal on the SQ5 annoys me no end, as after so many cars bought from them they still wouldnt give me discount on the SQ5!! that really seals the deal for Aberdeen and myself going forward.

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
They didn't give me a discount on the SQ5 but an incredibly good trade in on my old Q5, which no one else could come close to. Maybe they had a buyer lined up? Whatever - as I am sure you will agree it is the price to change which is important.

They did give me a discount on my wife's TTR when others were looking to charge a premium for a model in very short supply.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome!!

But, and with all sincerity, what's with all the SQ5's in Aberdeen?????

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
But, and with all sincerity, what's with all the SQ5's in Aberdeen?????
There are a lot of Audis sold in Aberdeen. I see far more Q5s than SQ5s. It may be that those of us with SQ5s in Aberdeen have more time to spend on internet forums? No idea what the sales profile is like across other parts of the country.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well I saw my first SQ5 "in the wild" parked in a private car park in Bradford-on-Avon on Monday. Maybe Aberdeen has them all :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
They obviously have taste in Aberdeen

1 - 20 of 24 Posts