Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum after picking up my new Q5 on Saturday. Swithered and swayed for months before placing my order with Glasgow Audi at the start of November. Ordered a 2.0 TDI, S-tronic S-line plus in Daytona Grey with the 20" double-spoke off-road wheels. Other specs included the B&O sound system, alcantara / leather seats and 3-spoke multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel.

The sales man at Glasgow Audi was Ninos McKay and I can't speak highly enough about him. He was a delight throughout our buying experience. From arranging a test drive, to helping us picking the essential options, he was professional and supportive with none of the pushy salesman tactics we've experienced in the past. We were told to that the build date was going to be in January but a couple of days later he called us back with news of an earlier build slot in the factory which would get us into our new car in January rather than March.

This is our first Audi and we are delighted with the Q5 so far. In fact every time I look out the window and see it sitting in the driveway I catch myself grinning from ear to ear.

Here's a couple of rough pictures, the weather has been awful since the weekend but I'm hoping to get the car polished up again and out to take some nice images of it soon.

http://www.flickr.co...07/11969629124/

http://www.flickr.co...07/11969206625/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome. Love the colour!

Reactions: SnapperJohn

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome, very similar spect to mine except for the alcantara.

Very quick delivery, ordered mine first week September and should just about be built.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Looking good 😄

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi, welcome to this friendly forum. It's my first Audi too after a series of Land Rovers. Glad I moved across.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its remarkable how the appearance of Daytona varies under different lighting conditions, love it!. I've just taken delivery of mine, and like you I find myself grinning every time I catch sight of it sitting on the drive.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very nice - should be getting mine mid March!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Stunning! Warm welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Two weeks in and I'm really pleased with the Q5. However the weather has been so dire that I've begrudgingly driven it knowing that it was going to be filthy by the time I got it back to the house
as a result it's only got 550 miles on the clock so far. It drives really nice and I'm not aware of the 'hard ride' that many reviews talked about despite the 20 inch wheels. Talking of which, the 20" double-spoke off-road wheels are beautiful to look at and really set the car apart from so many of the other Q5's on the road. If I have any regrets it would be that I should have spent the extra for the electric seats as my wife has the seat set up completely different from me and the memory option would have made complete sense. Also the interior light package you'd have though would come as standard on an S Line Plus, even my daughters Fiat 500 has lights on the vanity mirrors. Apart from that the only minor niggle I have is with the auto setting on the lights. I said the weather has been awful lately but the dipped headlights seem to be on most of the time even when there does seem to be a bit of light about. Any ideas about this you experts out there?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Two weeks in and I'm really pleased with the Q5. However the weather has been so dire that I've begrudgingly driven it knowing that it was going to be filthy by the time I got it back to the house
as a result it's only got 550 miles on the clock so far. It drives really nice and I'm not aware of the 'hard ride' that many reviews talked about despite the 20 inch wheels. Talking of which, the 20" double-spoke off-road wheels are beautiful to look at and really set the car apart from so many of the other Q5's on the road. If I have any regrets it would be that I should have spent the extra for the electric seats as my wife has the seat set up completely different from me and the memory option would have made complete sense. Also the interior light package you'd have though would come as standard on an S Line Plus, even my daughters Fiat 500 has lights on the vanity mirrors. Apart from that the only minor niggle I have is with the auto setting on the lights. I said the weather has been awful lately but the dipped headlights seem to be on most of the time even when there does seem to be a bit of light about. Any ideas about this you experts out there?
There is a setting in the MMI, early/medium/late - change it to late and they will come on when it's darker. However personally they still come on too early for my liking!
Set to early/medium, as you have experienced, all it takes is an overcast day for the lights to come on.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it BTW! I've given up keeping it as clean as I would like in the current weather - I just live with the fact it looks good for 5 mins every couple of weeks when I clean it, and then 13 days, 23 hours and 55 mins of being filthy!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah thanks Jose, that's the best thing about this forum, you learn something new every day. I'll be changing my headlights in the morning too...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have mine set at early, but I am an ex-Volvo driver :)

TBH I am not sure why you would want them to come on later. You lose nothing and you are more visible on the road. It amazes me these dull mornings why some drivers have no lights on at all as it's not about seeing, more about being seen - especially as you see so many cars whose windscreens haven't been cleared properly on icy or damp mornings.

Surely I an not the only one that thinks this way???

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I have mine set at early, but I am an ex-Volvo driver :)

TBH I am not sure why you would want them to come on later. You lose nothing and you are more visible on the road. It amazes me these dull mornings why some drivers have no lights on at all as it's not about seeing, more about being seen - especially as you see so many cars whose windscreens haven't been cleared properly on icy or damp mornings.

Surely I an not the only one that thinks this way???
Because the DRLs are so bright you are safe in most conditions without the dipped beam - it's like having extra bright side lights on all the time (if you turn side lights on they actually dim!!!). And they look awesome (the 2013 LED ring ones anyway), I had a TT loaner and the DRLs were so bright I forgot to turn the lights on until 2 miles into my journey!
The other mod I will make is rear lights on with DRLs (so all the time), further eliminating the requirement for the dipped beam until it is truly dusk.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Because the DRLs are so bright you are safe in most conditions without the dipped beam - it's like having extra bright side lights on all the time (if you turn side lights on they actually dim!!!). And they look awesome (the 2013 LED ring ones anyway), I had a TT loaner and the DRLs were so bright I forgot to turn the lights on until 2 miles into my journey! The other mod I will make is rear lights on with DRLs (so all the time), further eliminating the requirement for the dipped beam until it is truly dusk.
But there are no DRL's on the rear of the car.... Being an ex-Volvo driver, I will also set my headlights to "early".

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Because the DRLs are so bright you are safe in most conditions without the dipped beam - it's like having extra bright side lights on all the time (if you turn side lights on they actually dim!!!). And they look awesome (the 2013 LED ring ones anyway), I had a TT loaner and the DRLs were so bright I forgot to turn the lights on until 2 miles into my journey!
The other mod I will make is rear lights on with DRLs (so all the time), further eliminating the requirement for the dipped beam until it is truly dusk.
Whilst I accept what you are saying about the DRL's being bright, I personally believe the xenons are a better solution than DRL's in dim light.

I do agree with you though that I would prefer the rears on all the time. Maybe I will get a Vag-com if I can spare something from this years bonus :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts