Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my first ever Audi driving LR vogue 4.4 at moment. Not off road so much now so thought I would try something different. I could not make my mind up over spec which is not like me. Went for Lava +black leather 21" wheels navigation flat steering wheel climate cup heated seats mirrors drive select. I have yet to see or drive an SQ5 in the flesh and have not seen Lava grey. Big leap of faith but looking forward to the adventure. Hello to all

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sounds great, most of us ordered without getting a decent try in an SQ5. I had a short city test drive but that was it.

Have you considered the red/black interior,. it looks really special and suits Lava Grey really well.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
lol - just about anything is lovely when clean

If you are going Lava, id urge you to got black/magma leather - trust me, you'll like it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi not a big red fan in any format I would really need to see this upfront. My wife was after new SLK in red and she is usually ahead of the curve but I am not sure. What do you think of the black styling package

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi and welcome,

I am not a big fan of the red or the black pack.

The black pack just seemed to flatten the look of the car. But it is your choice at the end of the day.

Reactions: shabazmo

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like a good spec. I have not bothered with the black styling pack this time, had it on my previous two cars which I think suited them, first being a black edition S3 in Ibis White and the combination really worked, next was an A5 with black styling pack and privacy glass which again looked nice. This time though as the SQ5 has quite a bit of chrome I have decided not to bother as I think it looks good against a dark colour so like Lava Grey as you have ordered or Phantom Black which I have gone for. Personally I would leave it but add the privacy glass.
What delivery date have they given?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi I did not order privacy glass as I don't like the way it half's the car its OK when it is fully done in my opinion I have been given end of may delivery I don't know how he is doing this as cars seem pretty rare. Have you had the car off road?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi I did not order privacy glass as I don't like the way it half's the car its OK when it is fully done in my opinion I have been given end of may delivery I don't know how he is doing this as cars seem pretty rare. Have you had the car off road?
I quite like the look of only half the car with darker glass, plus it's a bit better for the kids when it sunny, but you could always get it all done.
End of a may is pretty good, mine is due sometime June at the moment. Don't think I will be taking it off road though, especially as the SQ is lower.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have also ordered B&O sound system as recommended by members on here any feed back?
Have heard the B&O is very good. Had it on a black edition A4 loan car while in was in for a service and sounded great. Didn't spec. it this time though as was already costing enough plus if the standard sound system is the same as the A5 it will be fine for me.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Off road with the 21" wheels ??? I'm thinking that won't go far to be honest.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
If u have the windows tinted after and go 4 limo dark 95% ,and the fronts done on the lightest tint ,just legal the car appears to have dark tints all round and doesn't look half done,that's wat I did and it looks fine

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I paid £230 for the whole car to b done ,wich I thought was reasonable 😄

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I've got black,but think uve made the rite choice with lava grey,it's appears to look cleaner for longer,I've had lava b4, this black is a bitch to keep clean 😄

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I would,I had mine done on order,and found it wasn't dark enough,so had re done,and the fronts to,next time I won't bother from dealer,just get done after,cheaper and darker + fronts done 😄

1 - 20 of 22 Posts