Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just signed up as I am looking to order an SQ5 and rather than the usual business lease will probably do PCP due to the high co. car tax.
Have had an S3 8P and unfortunately just written off my A5 Sportback (bloody floods!) hence looking for a new motor.
The A5 was great (3.0tdi) but looking for something with a bit more punch so the SQ5 caught my eye.

Dealer told me about 4 months wait now does that sound about right? Not bothered as I can save a bit more for a deposit (providing I can get a cheap rental for a months)!

Just posted in the General Discussion section as looking for some advice on the finance.

Hope I can get finance agreed & one ordered!

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
952 Posts
Up to 6 months seems the normal delivery time but a lot of dealers have cars on shorter deliveries. I ordered 18 Dec and will get the car within the next 2 weeks so that's a 3 month wait.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty good then, maybe the 4 months I have been told is about right.

I bet you are getting pretty excited now!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome to the forum nick.

The SQ5 is worth the wait...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You could always check if dealers have any in the system. I picked mine up a week after attending a VIP event at the dealers. You miss out on the fun of specifying all the packages, but save on the wait. One week was long enough!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yes Nick I am getting kinda excited now. The wait has absolutely flown past to be honest although I did also get a new Golf GTD for my wife in Jan so that has kept me amused.

4 months could be pretty accurate, I was told end of March when ordering but it has improved by a few weeks on that. Mine was a build slot the dealer had ordered awaiting someone to walk in the door. That meant I was able to spec exactly as I wanted.

Only had a short city centre test drive so can't wait to hit the open road.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome mate! Good decision moving up to SQ5 it's a gorgeous car. All the best

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum. You could always check if dealers have any in the system. I picked mine up a week after attending a VIP event at the dealers. You miss out on the fun of specifying all the packages, but save on the wait. One week was long enough!
Thanks forest, even though I would love the car now I could really do with waiting 3 to 4 months to save up more deposit and clear a small bill from Audi finance on my poor dead A5!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes Nick I am getting kinda excited now. The wait has absolutely flown past to be honest although I did also get a new Golf GTD for my wife in Jan so that has kept me amused.

4 months could be pretty accurate, I was told end of March when ordering but it has improved by a few weeks on that. Mine was a build slot the dealer had ordered awaiting someone to walk in the door. That meant I was able to spec exactly as I wanted.

Only had a short city centre test drive so can't wait to hit the open road.
Cool, well from what I have heard you won't be dissapointed, I am hoping to get in for a test drive in the next week.
I think the new Golf's are quite nice, if it wasnt for 2 kids I would be looking at the new Golf R or S3. As I am likely going to wait 3 to 4 months we are thinking of buying an old Golf GT Tdi for about 3k and using that until the car is ready, that way we can sell the car for almost what we paid and dont have to spend about £400 a month on a rental so more money for a deposit! That is the theory anyway!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome mate! Good decision moving up to SQ5 it's a gorgeous car. All the best
Thanks mate, have been offered a good deal on a new A6 Saloon or Avant BiTdi and although it will be a little cheaper than the SQ5 I just cant help but think they still look a bit too grown up for me, lol!
My Dad has a Q3 and I have driven it a few times and really like the higher driving position which the SQ5 has over the A6 as well as looks.

·
Registered
952 Posts
A6 will be a bit of a depreciation nightmare unless you buy it really well at the start ......... they seem to tumble in value.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
All Audis seem to be heading that way these days.
Just sold an A7 - didn't go well.
RS5 - Hmmm, not good.
R8 - best not to ask!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Snow Man can I ask what you real % fall was on your a7. I assume it was 3 years old. Mine will be 3yrs next month and I will be buying it off my employer. just don't want to pay too much. Done 57K miles. Real cost £46K new. Only got 7.5% discount as bought before launch.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I agree the reason we didn't go for anything smaller like an s5 sportback/second hand M5 etc. was because i love the high driving position but also don't want holes in my pockets when it comes to filing up...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right, just taken the plunge and ordered the following:

SQ5 in Phantom Black Pearl
Electric Memory seats & folding mirrors
Audi Drive Select
Technology Pack High
Telephone Prep Low with voice control
Adaptive Lights
Power Operated Tailgate
Privacy Glass
Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Would have liked Alcantara but a bit pricey.

Hopefully collecting middle of July!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 124 Posts