Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Great to be here.

I have come to my Q5 via a very much loved BMW E46 330 ci sport coupe. It was the second one I owned and knew it would be my last so I was in no hurry to change it until the exhaust went and I didn't really want to spend any more on it. Having said that, it cost me almost nothing during the 9 years I owned it! Fantastic car.

But, moving on. Audi is an itch I have wanted to scratch for many years, but just never managed to get one until now. I am completely in love with my Q5 even though purchasing it has been a nightmare experience due to slightly dodgy dealer and has been hugely expensive so far, again due to SSD and his idea of a warranty...... But that aside, the car is lovely. 3.0 litre diesel, side skirts, B&O, 21" rims, all the niceties!

I came to the forum whilst attempting to find out if my car has a DPF filter. It has so far needed a new EGR valve, the more expensive of the two cooling fans, and a rear tyre as it was delivered to me with a bolt in the tyre! It still needs the inlet valve cleaning out as the engine light will still come on, front suspension arms both have play and need replacing and a CV boot. Hopefully, this will sort it for the foreseeable.馃 But going forward, I dont do much motorway driving. I will probably do more now I have this, to keep the engine in good running order, but was also looking at ways of avoiding it getting clogged in the future, as it has already been left that way (presumably), hence new EGR valve etc. It is a 2011 model and has around 116k on the clock so I have been looking at solutions such as Redex additives or possibly just putting in better quality diesel every couple of tanks.... if anyone has any thoughts, they would be gratefully received. Or if you just want to say hello, that would be lovely. 馃槑
Thanks for reading. 馃槉

Still Game
Welcome to our forum (y)
Any 2011 car with 100,000+ miles is likely to need TLC. I use Audi fixed price servicing for 3+ year old vehicles. Others use idependent mechanics.
All Q5 deisels have DPF. Your car will not have AdBlue. I dislike motorway driving and have found no need for the Italian tune up.
I did "invest" in engine clean more as a precaution to avoid replacing DPF and was surprised at the improvement post cleaning.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to our forum (y)
Any 2011 car with 100,000+ miles is likely to need TLC. I use Audi fixed price servicing for 3+ year old vehicles. Others use idependent mechanics.
All Q5 deisels have DPF. Your car will not have AdBlue. I dislike motorway driving and have found no need for the Italian tune up.
I did "invest" in engine clean more as a precaution to avoid replacing DPF and was surprised at the improvement post cleaning.
Thank you so much for your response. Can I ask you to clarify what you mean by 'invest in engine clean'? Do you mean just a Redex type additive or something else?

I didn't think it had AdBlue, but just wasn't sure about the DPF, so thank you for that. I do use an independent garage who I have used for years and so trust to do a good job. They looked after my BMW brilliantly and have so far done a sterling job keeping the Q5 running. :)

Thanks again. 馃槑

Still Game
There are several options. I used Terraclean.

I was invited to a VIP tour at my yocal Audi dealer. After speaking with mechanics and seeing the range of special tools required, I prefer to use them.

Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
Test
I was invited to a VIP tour at my yocal Audi dealer. After speaking with mechanics and seeing the range of special tools required, I prefer to use them.
Did you ask for this in any way? I go to the same Audi dealer but this has never been mentioned by them.

Still Game
I arranged the visit for Audi quattro club members. You do not have to have one like these to join the club >>

Registered
I too have invested in a terraclean. Also disconnected air filter and squirted egr cleaner into inlet. Two cans later and a good high rev run problem seems resolved.

Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
Which make of EGR cleaner did you use?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts