Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have been reading the forum for a number of weeks and have found most threads extremely interesting, so thanks for all your efforts.
I currently own a Q5, 2010 2.0TDi SE model which my wife and I bought new after selling both a Golf GT and a RAV4. It was my first experience of the Audi brand, but have had 3 1/2 years of wonderfull ownership and I still enjoy the driving experience. The two options we chose that we are most impressed with are the Electric Tailgate - no more dealing with scratches on the bootlid from closing - and the Panoramic roof.
I had been looking (obsessing more likely) at the SQ5 since it was announced. It took until the end of August 2013 for me to convince the other half that it would be a good idea to chop in the SE for something a little more interesting.
Having been given the OK (on the previso that she could get a kitten, and that she gets to decide on the colour - of the SQ not the kitten) I ordered from Crawley Inchcape with a rather long, but understandable lead time of 9-10 months. That makes it due June 2014, which means I have plenty of time to continue obsessing before taking delivery.
I have not gone mad on the spec (so the wife thnks), but the Pan roof and Elec Tailgate were musts. Full spec follows

SQ5 Estoril Blue
Black/Black interior with Silver headlining
Panoramic Roof
Electric Tailgate
Tech pack High
B&O
Audi drive select
Bench seat plus
Tyre Pressure Loss Indicator
Hold Assist
Storage pack
Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

With any luck it will arrive sooner than June 2014.
If anyone is still reading at this point, thanks for reading, and I hope to be able to contribute to the forum in the future

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Reactions: G dog

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.
Jose you are making me feel left out...not being part of this 'wife chose the colour club' ;-)

Reactions: José

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome! A great spec car!

I was told March 2014 and it has now come to Nov/Dec 2013! Fingers crossed - either way it will well be worth the wait!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome sq5estorilblau, our orders are a couple of weeks apart at the same dealership so I feel your pain on the wait from here

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome,I would deff add the 21's, they make a great difference visually,and make yor sq5 stand out from standard q5 😄

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Im in the same boat as you, I have a Q5 and have ordered an SQ5 just at the start of September. I have the build date of 12th March so it looks like the leads times are moving even further away all the time. I am still swithering daily over the tech pack hi with the advanced parking system but the 2k price tag just makes me shake my head saying no as previous in car satnav have been absolute pants, perhaps I will ask the forum their experience with the Audi option.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Im in the same boat as you, I have a Q5 and have ordered an SQ5 just at the start of September. I have the build date of 12th March so it looks like the leads times are moving even further away all the time. I am still swithering daily over the tech pack hi with the advanced parking system but the 2k price tag just makes me shake my head saying no as previous in car satnav have been absolute pants, perhaps I will ask the forum their experience with the Audi option.
Tech pack high is a must! Gives you the proper MMI etc. I will bet you'll not find an SQ without it, so it would also hurt resale value a lot not to have it.
Tech pack advanced is not such a big deal. Just has ACC and the fancy lane assist etc.

Previous discussion http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/3266-technology-pack-high/

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Sat Nav IMO is very good. In 7000 miles I think it has had a hiccup once with odd directions, and I use it A LOT!
I totally trust it now as it guides you away from traffic as well (I ignored my BMW once which had the same feature as I thought I knew best - ran straight into a 5 mile queue - doh!).

In combination with phone prep high that allows a data connection via SIM, its fantastic being able to send your route via Google, or looking google locations up direct from the car, plus google earth integration (including street view!) is pretty cool. The online stuff is often seen as a gimmick and to some extent and some parts it is - but for me having had google route send functionality in my previous BMW and now in the Audi I wouldn't order another car without this. Saves a lot of time putting post codes in via the rotary dial.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Hectorshouse

·
Banned
289 Posts
I have often calculated how much time I've wasted entering postcodes via a rotary dial. What a wasted life.

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Definitely going to revisit this tech pack option as the wife keeps badgering me about the reverse view camera which is only a few hundred quid on top of the pack. Has anyone used the phone pack high with the google maps as I always revert to the maps on the iPhone when my sat nav sends me in the wrong direction? I have gone through all the cars in my audi garage and there's not one with this extra to check it out.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Definitely going to revisit this tech pack option as the wife keeps badgering me about the reverse view camera which is only a few hundred quid on top of the pack. Has anyone used the phone pack high with the google maps as I always revert to the maps on the iPhone when my sat nav sends me in the wrong direction? I have gone through all the cars in my audi garage and there's not one with this extra to check it out.
Per my past post, yes I have google maps on. They are pretty good. Google gives the car a long/lat location so if Google is accurate so is the car...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
As Jose has already said, the Connect High pack is excellent, the the Audi brochure fails to do it justice either. It also provides Google Traffic data (as opposed to regular TMC) and together with Dynamic routing turned on it's brilliant at getting around hold-ups. Google get's its traffic data from the physical movement of Android devices (there are a lot!) so the traffic data is upto date and accurate. Using the MMI Connect App on your mobile device (I'm in the Android camp) and send the destination to the car is really useful (you ask the Navigation system to load an 'on-line destination' and then select it from a list) is fantastically useful.

Being able to see Google Maps (your navigation route is overlayed) when driving just makes the journey more interesting - being able to 'see over the hedge' so to speak.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for your input on the matter, I'm really starting to warm to the idea now! I think I just seen it as a gimmick before but now it looks like it would be a very useful tool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quick update. Audi Crawley phoned today and have secured a provisional build of Wk5 2014, having 'procured' the build slot from another dealership who had a Dealer Spec SQ5 on order. My spec has replaced the original dealer spec. All being well, it may be here is Sussex by Early/mid March 2014. I really cannot wait, especially as I have seen some great photos which uploaded by other new owners recently

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh, I asked about AE pack that is now on the Audi Configurator - the dealer had no idea what is was, so is away checking for me, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts