Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I'm a new member and a first time Audi owner after recently taking delivery of a Q5 SE 3ltr diesel Monsoon Grey with Pistachio Napa interior and a couple of other extras - full MMI system and electric seats and mirrors etc.
After being a Land Rover owner for a number of years I traded the last one - a Discovery 4 - in for the Audi. I thought I'd made a huge mistake the first day I had it but now I am getting used to the difference between the two motors. Land Rover air suspension especially.
I am going to the South of France next month so that should hopefully dispel any regrets that may still linger. A journey I hope that I will thoroughly enjoy.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I'm off to France in the summer, have a great time..

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome, this is also my first Audi and I'm really appreciating the build quality in comparison to recent LR models.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Will be interested in your views as trading in my Discovery 4 too, but going for the 2 ltr diesel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Muppetry
The first day I was not sure and I think that was because of the different driving position - in my mind anyway. I did not realise until after a week that the centre armrest could be adjusted up. But that's typical of me not reading the instructions.
The Land Rover was smoother ride - air suspension. Audi harder suspension but nothing wrong with it.
The Audi build from what I have found is extremely good.
The gearbox is seamless and the engine superb.
Fuel consumption on the first run from Durham to Linconshire and back was - fill up to fill up 39 mpg. That was going at 70 - 75 on the way down and up to 85 on the return.
After the France run I will give a more informed report but as of now I really do like it.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi and welcome, my first Audi as well.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome mate have a great trip and remember photos

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Welcome, owning an Audi is usually different than having an LR product, its unlikely you will ever get to be on 1st name terms with your dealer's service department because nothing will fall off between services

That's said, the Disco was a properly capable off-road vehicle where as the Q5 probably could and you probably shouldn't. Enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Sq5john
You are right about the Disco being capable offroad although I never took it anywhere near it's capabilities. I did a lot of european travelling with it and as luck would happen fault free.
I hope you're right about nothing falling off - I suspect you will be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts