Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the '12 P+ in Brilliant Black/Black for about a year - it's the wife's daily drive (mine's a '13 A5 in the same colour combo).

Adore the Q, brilliant ride, 2.0 has plenty of pull, no major issues with it thus far, about 11K on the clock.

All sunny SoCal miles!

·
Registered
795 Posts
where the feck is SoCal?

sounds like a small island off the coast of Spain?

welcome, wherever you are.

·
Registered
503 Posts
where the feck is SoCal?

sounds like a small island off the coast of Spain?

welcome, wherever you are.
Southern California

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dying laughing - wish I were on an island off Spain (I did grow up on Cyprus - though it's not off spain, and it's not small <g>). Shouldn't have used a local/regional/(US) bit of slang, my apologies.

Yeah, do get out in the weeds a bit. Frankly, more fun in the A5, though (I'm biased), but the Q is wonderful through Bouquet Canyon in North Los Angeles County. Then again, it's going to be about 105 tomorrow (just a hair over 40C), so SoCal isn't always movie stars and surfers.

Cheers! John

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
.......... Yeah, do get out in the weeds a bit. Frankly, more fun in the A5, though (I'm biased), but the Q is wonderful through Bouquet Canyon in North Los Angeles County. Then again, it's going to be about 105 tomorrow (just a hair over 40C), so SoCal isn't always movie stars and surfers.
Been there, done that and know it can be oppressively hot. On my bucket list is route 1, from San Francisco to San Diego.

·
Registered
795 Posts
@jammin - i was based in Cyprus for over 6 years during my time in the British Army and loved the place.

the drive down from Troodos would be nice on the paddles in a Q5.

instead i usually had a Land Rover Wolf which isn't quite the same on the windy decent!

wasn't much fun in a Saxon APC i can tell you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, missile - Hwy 1 is SO worth the price of admission. Then again, if I'm reading Aberfreeze right, and you're from (rolling my r's as apropos) Aberdeen, it's not like you lack for brillian scenery and great windy roads!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rifleman, you had one killer posting there - Cyprus is a great duty station. And to think I got suck in the centre of the USA (Kansas, then Arkansas) with the US Air Force. <sigh> You win for great places to be!

The wolf, IIRC, is basically a Jeep in my terms - not a horrible ride - but the APC? ick...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts