Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Ice Silver Q5 Sept. Ist. However, I was not offered choice of suspension so my dealer gave me the chance to reorder. I took the opportunity to go for Deep Sea Blue which arrived the other day (April1st!!!) However, it was missing the auto tailgate so I have to reorder again.(This was an Audi mistake not the dealership's.) I was so impressed with the Deep Sea Blue I was going to opt for it again but I notice it has been deleted in the current brochure and new colours introduced - another grey- Monsoon Grey, and Moonlight Blue. I have gone for the latter. I'm told it should be built in May and arrive early June. My dealer has been bang on with delivery to-date.

So I will have owned three Q5s in the space of 10 months. I think Audi are using me to illegally import cars!

I have also noticed a dramatic improvement in the 'lag' reported by so many members when moving off. This eleven plate is so much more responsive. (Same engine, gearbox etc.) Could Audi have re-mapped the engine in some way to solve the problem?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Shame you've had to re-order twice Rowanlaw but at least you seem to be getting a decent level of customer service.

Regarding the lag I must admit I never experienced any when I test drove a 5 back in Jan. How Audi have addressed this I don't know but it's common for teething problems to be ironed out during a cars production life. In saying that I would imagine all it takes is a software fix.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shame you've had to re-order twice Rowanlaw but at least you seem to be getting a decent level of customer service.

Regarding the lag I must admit I never experienced any when I test drove a 5 back in Jan. How Audi have addressed this I don't know but it's common for teething problems to be ironed out during a cars production life. In saying that I would imagine all it takes is a software fix.
Thanks Swainey. Your right - I cannot fault my dealer (Edinburgh Audi) in how they are handling this. I just feel I've been running cars in forever!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Deep Sea Blue has been deleted? Really? One of the most under-appreciated colours. Love it personally.

RE: take off lag, I hope this is genuinely a fix and they offer it to existing owners. I complained about this but until there is a TSB regarding it the answer remains "that's the way it is"

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deep Sea Blue has been deleted? Really? One of the most under-appreciated colours. Love it personally.

RE: take off lag, I hope this is genuinely a fix and they offer it to existing owners. I complained about this but until there is a TSB regarding it the answer remains "that's the way it is"
In fact it was your post that persuaded me to try Deep Sea Blue and I have to agree, a fantastic colour, it changes with the light. The new Moonlight Blue looks similar but is not a 'Pearl' effect and I doubt it will have the same lustre as DSB.

As for the lag problem that was a revelation, only 4 miles on the clock and it pulls away without hesitation and generally more sprightly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts