Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

After what seems like months of should I or shouldn't I thoughts I'm almost ready to splash the cash (hard earned!). I am not particularly well off and this car will cost me almost three times as much as any other I have bought so I am keen to get it right.

Discussed the car with a couple of dealers and had a test drive. Also read every post on this forum (many of them twice!

Would like to have as much information as possible before I attempt to get a reduced price from a dealer. Am armed with prices from Broadspeed etc., though I'm thinking I'll keep these under wraps until the dealer gives me his 'best' price. Nnd this is where you all come in as there are obviously a number of very knowledgeable owners on here.

I'm going for the 2.0TFSi (211) engine with manual transmission (the wife won't entertain automatic). I need to finalise my colour and cloth/leather choices and will be looking at as many as possible whilst at the dealers. However it is one or two of the other options where I need your help and which will sway me towards the SE or S-Line.

I really like the Xenon lights but I believe they only come with the S-Line. They don't seem to be even an option with the SE. Can anyone confirm this?

If I go for the S-Line does it only come with the sports seats, no standard seat option? Some reviewers have said they find the sport seats uncomfortable so I will need to try them out before deciding.

The answers to these two questions could mean I have to choose between Xenons and not so comfortable seats (S-Line), or comfortable seats but no Xenons (SE).

Also, does anyone have any experience of the Sat Nav that comes with the Tech Pack Low? I will be ordering a tech pack but there's a big difference in cost between the high and low and I wonder if it is worth paying the extra.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can offer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi all

After what seems like months of should I or shouldn't I thoughts I'm almost ready to splash the cash (hard earned!). I am not particularly well off and this car will cost me almost three times as much as any other I have bought so I am keen to get it right.

Discussed the car with a couple of dealers and had a test drive. Also read every post on this forum (many of them twice!

Would like to have as much information as possible before I attempt to get a reduced price from a dealer. Am armed with prices from Broadspeed etc., though I'm thinking I'll keep these under wraps until the dealer gives me his 'best' price. Nnd this is where you all come in as there are obviously a number of very knowledgeable owners on here.

I'm going for the 2.0TFSi (211) engine with manual transmission (the wife won't entertain automatic). I need to finalise my colour and cloth/leather choices and will be looking at as many as possible whilst at the dealers. However it is one or two of the other options where I need your help and which will sway me towards the SE or S-Line.

I really like the Xenon lights but I believe they only come with the S-Line. They don't seem to be even an option with the SE. Can anyone confirm this?

If I go for the S-Line does it only come with the sports seats, no standard seat option? Some reviewers have said they find the sport seats uncomfortable so I will need to try them out before deciding.

The answers to these two questions could mean I have to choose between Xenons and not so comfortable seats (S-Line), or comfortable seats but no Xenons (SE).

Also, does anyone have any experience of the Sat Nav that comes with the Tech Pack Low? I will be ordering a tech pack but there's a big difference in cost between the high and low and I wonder if it is worth paying the extra.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can offer.

S Line seats are great. I have a lot of back trouble and can say these have been excellent.
If you have any thought you may need a tow bar in furure make sure you get the factory fit, superb bit of kit and it will save you a world of hassle and probably only marginally mpre expense.
Collapsible spare wheel ?110 factory ?550 from dealer.

Something to ponder
Neil.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In my brochure the Xenon headlights are an option on the SE model. They are in the exterior equipment list under Adaptive headlights - PX4 and 8Q5. Cost of the option for the SE is ?1225.00 but that is before VAT rise. The option does include swivelling headlights.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi Wannabe,

I'm also about to sign on the dotted line and have found my 2 local dealers to be unwilling to discount the car by much. Like you I too went armed with Broadspeed etc. quotes but they just told me not to trust internet prices and that they, internet brokers, cannot meet promised delivery dates because they don't use the "UK Network" - Total nonsense seeing as both dealer and broker are currently quoting a June/July delivery because they both use the same "UK Network".

Model wise, and if I were you, I'd go for the S-line. For the extra cash I think it's worth it and it'll be easier to flog come resale time. In saying that though, and if you can stretch to it, I'd recommend the S-Line Special Edition.

I currently drive an A3 S-Line and have found the seats to be more than comfortable. Although they are describe as "sports" seats they aren't overly firm and don't clamp you in like a proper bucket seat. I think you'll find them comfortable enough.

Regarding the Sat-Nav, the Tech Pack low (DVD based system) is more than adequate for my requirements and personally think the Tech Pack high (HDD based system) would only really benefit those who are permanently on the move.

Good luck and I hope you get the deal/car you're after.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Wannabe

Welcome to the forum. Here's my humble opinion
The Q5 is a great car for what it is, good choice. But i think going for manual may not be the best route with this car for 4 reasons

The S-tronic:
1-Performs better than manual
2-Holds value better and eases resale
3-Doesn't loose much ground in MPG
4- (and this is subjective) is more entertaining to drive with the wheel mounted pedals or manual shift mode

I recommend that you test drive both a manual and an St-tronic before making your final decision.

As for the Tech high Vs Tech low, i believe with tech pack high you get: the ability to play DVD movies in the DVD player. Also the screen is slightly bigger and has higher resolution, you also get 2 SD card slots, 10GB HD space for your music, a colour DIS screen between the dials; Also because it's HD based it'll be faster loading and smoother running than a spinning DVD.

Also, according to Audi, the Tech pack high functionality includes advanced speech recognition, 3D and topographical mapping display. But that's neither here nor there for me.

I agree with what people here said regarding S-Line Vs SE

My .2 cents

·
Registered
30 Posts
Regarding internet brokers, I went through orangewheels, who have a price on their website. All they did was to get the dealer to call me direct and confirm the price on the orangewheel website. I ordered direct with the dealer and within 24 hours had signed a dealer order sheet and had a scheduled build week. There is no paperwork with orangewheels. They are paid a commission by the dealer when the car is delivered. When I ordered at end of October their's was the biggest discount I could obtain which in my case was 7.5%. Think it maybe slightly less now, nearer 6%. Whole thing was very efficient and have had my build week confirmed now as week 5.

·
Registered
294 Posts
www.car-finance.net are advertising 7% savings at the moment.

I've been speaking to Stephen Titley (recommended in the Finance section) who is always prompt in replying to my queries and extremely helpful. Been quoted 7.8% on PCP finance which is the cheapest I've found so far.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
The sports seats are just fine for me and her indoors doesn't moan so they must be pretty good

One thing to think about with the transmission - the seating position is offset and the foot well is very narrow - there have been more than a few complaints about the clutch position as a result. If you haven't already, try and get the wife a drive in a car with S-Tronic - really is a nice drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts