Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Another new boy to your forum and to Audi's.

I think I read nearly every SQ5 post on the forum, which helped make my mind up on what to buy.

With an 8 month wait ahead of me, what better way to pass the time , than to read the feedback of the group.

Many thanks

Paul

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome aboard!
What spec are you going for!?

·
Banned
289 Posts
Welcome.

8 months! Lead times seem to be get longer and longer.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jose & Quattro,

I went for a Phantom Black SQ5, 21" wheels, which I only chose after a lot of reading on here, Drive Select, Tech Pack High, HHA, heated seats, electric mirrors and black/ silver interior.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome Paul,good spec,so you'll b looking @ august,you mite aswell wait another month and have 64 reg,well as you've read all the posts ,you no there's a very hi satisfaction rate with the sq5 ,roll on 8 months 😄

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Daza69,

I'm looking at May/ June, so worse case is 8 months. I can't hold any longer than that, I'll go mad.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Lol ,it does seem ages away,I've got the 21s and lovem,the properly set the car off,I've got the two tone interior,stands out wicked 😄

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Dogzyboy,

Panther is definitely the better black but I was running out of funds!

The long wait begins . . . .

Paul

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome Paul, keep yourself busy and the time flies.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome Paul. I think the SQ5 looks great in black, since my current 2 cars are black, I fancied a change and went for estoril...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome to the forum, great spec you have! 6 month wait and collect on Wednesday, very excited.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
8 months seems an awfully long time to wait Paul, did you try any other dealers? The dealer will only be able to order so many Q5 each month, with a certain number called off each month. So if one orders from a dealer with a big order book of outstanding Q5s it can take months for your order to reach submission.

Typically Audi can take an order (assuming no critical component shortages) and produce a car in 8-12 weeks - as was mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Sq5john

It's a company car, on 3 year contract hire and I have had much to do with the organising, just the nice bit of speccing it. I'm now being told May 2014 delivery, so that 6-7 months. I had to wait 7 months for the BMW Msport I have at the moment, so used to the wait.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
OK, my ill fated Evoque was a company car and I was able to specify the supplying dealer (similar order call-off routine to Audi). The default dealer used by the leasing company was in Coventry and they quoted me 12 months (yes really in Dec 2011) by using the same dealer group and their Stratford-upon-Avon branch the dealer got the wretched thing in 6 months. If you do go down the road of playing the dealer order book game and switching dealerships (the leasing company isn't usually bothered as long as the deal is matched) then do make sure that the sales commission is retained by the sales person in the supplying dealer...they are people with lives to finance just like us.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Time will fly I promise - I have been waiting 6 months and mine will be here soon! The forum members on here help build the excitement and are full of knowledge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts