Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New clean diesel bi turbo engine announced for a7 with 316hp. Should filter down to sq5????

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Would that new engine mean increased mpg ? 😁

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Thanx,looks sharp 😄

·
Registered
952 Posts
Snowman its more than that ........... you're confusing PS and BHP! Current SQ5 is 313 PS = 309 BHP therefore the increase is a big old 7 BHP

Not exactly life changing but a drop in emissions will be what its all about.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Fifth gear 5.4, full tank, average weight driver, strong head wind..... We could be driving a 4.9 monster

·
Registered
952 Posts
The SQ5 has to do it in 5.1, the X4 35d is listed at 5.2 so we must beat that

·
Registered
952 Posts
And it is currently 309bhp so no need to take it back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The SQ5 has to do it in 5.1, the X4 35d is listed at 5.2 so we must beat that
What do you think of the looks of the X4? The 35d starts at a shade under £49k and to my eyes is another dog to add to the BMW kennels. BMW used to make some elegant and stylish cars - where did it all go wrong? Guess this X4 35d is in Macan S territory too although that's probably an even more costly proposition once you add essentials like wheels, seats, doors and mirrors

·
Registered
952 Posts
I specced an X4 tonight just to see and got to about 55k without even having as much as the SQ5, for example the BMW biggest wheel option is 20"

Not convinced at all on the look, never have got on to the X6 and this is just a shrunken version. Will reserve judgement until I see one. Do like the look of the Macan but speccing one up gets to the wrong side of 60k and its well down on SQ5 power.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
What do you think of the looks of the X4? The 35d starts at a shade under £49k and to my eyes is another dog to add to the BMW kennels. BMW used to make some elegant and stylish cars - where did it all go wrong? Guess this X4 35d is in Macan S territory too although that's probably an even more costly proposition once you add essentials like wheels, seats, doors and mirrors
i like it,but then again I've had an x6,agreed most people didn't like it,it was the 3.5d ,and it was the best handling SUV I've ever had,and now I've moved to smaller suv's,I'd assume the x4 would b even more appealing being q5 size,and if it handled same as x6,I changed brands because BMW interiors never moved with the times and were bland,they may have improved now,I've not been in 1 since 2010 í ½í¸„

·
Registered
706 Posts
The new engine will be about euro 6 compliance which is aimed at nitro-oxide reduction and less about CO2.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i like it,but then again I've had an x6,agreed most people didn't like it,it was the 3.5d ,and it was the best handling SUV I've ever had,and now I've moved to smaller suv's,I'd assume the x4 would b even more appealing being q5 size,and if it handled same as x6,I changed brands because BMW interiors never moved with the times and were bland,they may have improved now,I've not been in 1 since 2010 ��
When I test drove a couple of BMWs a few months back, the interiors were just as dull as they always have been.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts