Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am picking up my new Q5 S-line in scuba blue @148BHP on Sunday, my first ever new car but not my first Audi (previous Audi A3 owner)
I added a few extra's, rear camera, advanced pack and multi-function stearing wheel (i think thats it)
Oxford Audi have been great so far but I am umming and arring about getting the GAP insurance or not. What is the general consecouse on this here?

Also, what maps are included with the SatNav? is it just UK or is is UK and Europe?

And one more, is the hill start any good or is the standard E-handbreak ok for hills?

Look forward to being a member

Cheers

Wattsy

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi welcome to this friendly forum. I've taken GAP insurance through Frank Pickles brokers. Appears first class value for money. I remember quite a few threads on this topic, and a general agreement about Frank Pickles and their product. Best wishes...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers. Frank Pickles Saves me nearly £350! massive savings. I will not be getting it from Audi then.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard😄

·
Banned
27 Posts
Also, what maps are included with the SatNav? is it just UK or is is UK and Europe?

And one more, is the hill start any good or is the standard E-handbreak ok for hills?
Welcome, Wattsy

Satnav in the Techpack includes Europe as well as UK.

Benefits of Hill-hold Assist depend on whether you have a manual or auto box - IMO with an auto it's unnecessary; gives your left leg some exercise. Have to say, though, there are many on this site who like it regardless of the box. Are you manual or S-tronic?

Enjoy Sunday!

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Watsy, I should also state the hill hold assist is marvellous, especially at around £65. I wouldn't want another car without it!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Another thumbs up for hill hold from me as well and I have the auto.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a manual and think HHA Is superb....put It on and forget about e brake...

you never need to use e brake during journey, only apply when leaving car....

Welcome aboard....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked it up on Sunday along with another car that’s a bit smaller from my Son (Ghost Busters Ecto1 Lego model) and so far I love it! Have no done many miles yet but can’t wait to do some long distance driving in the summer. Will post pics soon, the colour is awesome and defiantly sticks out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts