Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally took the plunge and placed an order for the new 2013 Q5 2.0TDI S LINE PLUS in glacier white, that was about 5 weeks ago now. I was originally given a week 43 build slot via Tetbury Audi (Autobytel) but within a couple of weeks this had been brought forward to week 35, which was last week. Its now at Ebdem port waiting to get loaded onto the ship and the short sailing to the UK port.
I originally spoke with my local dealership Aberdeen Audi who as usual very helfull but were not able to give any discount as the said they could sell all the cars in Aberdeen at retail without needing to discount? Think this buble is about to burst.
Discounts at Tetbury Audi (Autobytel) were !2% leaving just a couple of percent to the dealer.This will be second audi i have bought via Autobytel in addition to 4 VW cars also bought from Autobytel (Swindon VW)
The level of service from Tetbury Audi is first class and not what you would expect given the massive discounts.

I hope to keep the Q5 for several years so decided to tick most of the options but the 12 % discount has just about covered these

SPEC 805 ADAPTIVE HEAD LIGHTS 7X8 AUDI PARKING ADVANCED 6XE DOOR MIRRORS FOLDING HEATED 4A3 HEATED FRONT SEATS 8N7 HIGH BEAM ASSIT Q01 INTERIOR LIGHT PACKAGE 9ZW MOB PREP HIGH WITH AUDI CONNECT 3FU OPEN SKY PANORAMIC SUNROOF 6SJ REVERSABLE LOAD FLOOR MAT WB3 SOUND PACKAGE QU6 DAB DIGITAL RADIO AND TV WB7 TECH PACK HIGH 7K6 TYRE PRESSURE INDICATOR 5XF RETRACTABLE AND EXTENABLE SUN VISOR 7HC LEATHER PACKAGE PLUS ARMRESTS/COWLING SKA REAR BENCH SEAT PLUS KT1 CLIMATE CUP HOLDER QE5 STORAGE PACKAGE 2H1 AUDI DRIVE SELECT

So given all the rumours of long lead times my experience has been very good so far waiting about 7/8 weeks for delivery and getting a great discount.

Will be collecting the Q5 when i return home from my overseas workplace in a few weeks and really looking forward to the journey home to Aberdeenshire, a good 500 plus miles.

Will let you know what i think of the car then.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Did you place your order at the back end of the month? Perhaps they needed another sale to meet their sales target?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrats mate, wow now that fast a fast delivery, considering we got a min. 4 month wait to australia
Though I have been given wk 38 production, I hope to see my 3.0TDI by christmas ? I'm assuming when they say week 38 build it will be built in a few days... then on the boat in a couple of weeks....
be sure to post photos of the car, keen to see the new look on the road

·
Registered
140 Posts
You have done so well there !! Well done

Went into the dealer yesterday, mines been shipped now and is somewhere on route :) he tracked it while i was there (nice little feature), let me choose the reg number and said it would be with me before the end of September ..I ordered end of may !! Their still quoting 4-6 months build time so considering you must be over the moon.

He reckons ours will prob be on the 1st shipment of new q5s in the county ...nice to hear :) still wouldnt say exactly when we would have it though ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i was just lucky as the dealer had close and unsold build week slots that he was still able to spec change. The reason he said for the jump from build week 43 to 35 was due to the fact it was now a customer order and they always took priority over a dealer stock orders.

Cant wait it should be with the dealer in 10 to 14 days and i will be collecting shortly after that

·
Registered
140 Posts
i hope your right because if so that would mean i would have mine in the next 2-3 weeks

does anyone know or wants hazard a guess how long it normally takes once your car is shipped and already on route?

·
Registered
130 Posts
i hope your right because if so that would mean i would have mine in the next 2-3 weeks

does anyone know or wants hazard a guess how long it normally takes once your car is shipped and already on route?
Our new Q5 was build week 35 and they sure don't hang around as it arrived at the dealer (east Kent Audi) yesterday. We are looking forward to collecting it on the 14th as, although they could have got it ready this week, we have other commitments which rule out collecting it sooner.

It sounds to me like they did a big run on right hand drive q5's in week 35 hence the improved deliveries. I believe the boat from Germany docks at sheerness in Kent hence why our car got to our dealer so promptly.

Good luck to everyone else collecting in the next few weeks, look forward to some pics.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just spoke to the dealer and its in the uk and enroute to the dealer, arriving Sat or next Monday. Thats 7 weeks from order to arrival at the dealer WWWOW its just a piity i am stuck overseas until 27th when i am getting picked up by the dealer on arrival at Heathrow airport. Cant wait especially to the 500mile road trip back home to Scotland.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts