Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently drive one of the new Audi S3's and after 3 years of great fun I have decided the Q5 is for me as a family car. We are planning on the current spec

Q5 S-Line special edition 2.0TFSI manual
5 segment spoke alloys 20"
Phantom Black
Tech pack high
Heated front and rear seats
Manual side blinds
Interior light pack
Reversible boot liner
Tyre pressure monitor

We test drove the 2.0TDI 170 special edition today and I was impressed with the engine refinement and the Q5 overall.

I have a few questions I was hoping you may be able to help with:-

1) The dealer suggested the 2.0T petrol addition only made up about 20% of the orders and would depreciate faster ? I am not a big diesel fan unless V6 but budget wont stretch to that.

2) I would be very interested in your MPG, cost to fill the tank and overall range for the petrol and diesel models.

3) Does the free optional S-Line suspension lower the car further and would be it too harsh with 20" wheels? I dont want to order the driver and damper select.

4) From my previous Audi's it seems almost every summer they do model year updates, any rumours for this years updates apart from the Hybrid offerings.

5) For those of you with children how does the car work for you, I have one 2 year old.

6) www.drivethedeal.com seem to be offering about a 6% discount on the Q5, is this about right at the moment and are dealers open to negotiation ?

Youe help and advice is much appreciated

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi Chicken,

Like you I am moving from a 3.

Doesn't happen very often but I agree with what the dealer is saying - I think diesel residuals will fair better. If you look at the 2nd hand values of all SUV's across the board, it's the diesel models that are usually worth more. Furthermore I'd wager cars specc'd with s-tronic will perform (depreciation-wise) better than manual cars too.

I suspect the S-Line suspension does lower the car although cannot be 100% sure. Why else would they offer it? I have heard it's a bit harsh too but if your coming from an S3 I would have thought you'd find it compliant enough.

www.car-finance.net are currently offering 7% savings and I think Broadspeed might be a bit cheaper still.

Hope this helps and good luck with your purchase.
Swainey

·
Registered
71 Posts
Any more information or answer would be much appreciated
Just a reminder of the earlier thread about the reversible load mat - it fits between the tie down loops, so there is 3" gap down each side leaving uncovered floor; but the inbuilt protection flap for the bumper sill is very useful.

Do consider including the collapsible spare wheel in your order.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would add that Phantom Black is a bugger to keep clean.

Looks great when it is but be careful of the dreaded swirls!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts