Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Went to see my Q5 prior to picking up this Friday and noticed that the leather on one of the rear seats appears to have a slight wave in it (doesnt lay flat). I know that nappa leather is soft and it doesnt take much to disturb the look but should I get this sorted before I drive it away?

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
It is difficult to comment with out seeing, but I would suggest it is unlikely to improve with age. If you feel it an issue which will bug you, I would suggest you should complain now and ask for the seat to be changed rather than wait.

Hopefully the dealer will agree that it is a fault. They may ask you to accept the car and offer to replace it at a later date.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke with the salesman today and he has put it in the hands of the warranty manager. I will wait until I next see the car to find out whether they were able to sort it out. Pain in the neck though...........

·
Registered
522 Posts
Not sure whether correction before collection will be possible as picking up Friday. I assume if it needs a whole of part of rear seat replaced it will take several weeks to come from place of manufature?

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
If it is a stock item in UK, it could be available next day delivery but I would think it will be a special delivery and if on back order it could be many weeks. Your dealer will no doubt advise but if you need to know a quick call to parts department to confirm.

Last part I had delivered from Germany took 6 days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts