Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does anyone happen to have seen (and ideally taken photos) of the 2013 MY 4 spoke steering wheel in the flesh?

On all the facelift garb it made mention of a newly designed steering wheel but all the pics I can see of the 4 spoke in the latest brochure (October) show exactly the same design as the old 4 spoke (ie "squarish" centre). I know the 3 spoke has been redesigned as now ahs a "round" center but am unsure as to the 4 spoke?

Reason I ask is I'm thinking of ordering the SE but really like the 3 spoke steering wheel....looks so much more refined. I've only seen a S Line model so not the 4 spoke wheel. The 3 spoke is of course available as an option but there's some confusion as to the price wiht brochure stating £255 but online configuartor stating £550!? Not sure it's worth the £550!

Cheers

·
Banned
801 Posts
These are three new steering wheel for 2013 Q5

Contact dealers because on-line configuration may not be accurate

-

-Multifunction leather steering wheel in 4-spoke design

-Multi-function sports steering wheel in 3-spoke design Q

-Multifunction sports steering wheel in 3-spoke design, flat-bottomed

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent and many thanks for your swift and detailed response!

·
Registered
195 Posts
The 3 spoke steering wheel is much better, more sporty and imo justify spent some extra money. Try to see in the dealer the real cost of it and negociate that. In last option, you can always change it in the future. I do that in my Q5 two weeks ago.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Not sure it's worth £255, keep your hard earned money!

·
Banned
801 Posts
Every pleasure and enjoyment to be paid

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure it's worth £255, keep your hard earned money!
Everyone entitled to their opinion Kramer but I see you have BOSE on your A8........personally I think the outlay for that is a waste compared to something you have to engage with 100% to actually drive the vehicle......

·
Registered
578 Posts
I got my A8 when it was 1 year old through work, the £7k of original extras that we're on the car did not even factor into the price we paid for it. I didn't spec any extras on my Q5 either but if you're keeping the car for long enough they can be worth adding. My point was that I had the 3 spoke on the Q5 and I now have the 4 spoke on the A8 and there really isn't any difference to warrant the £250 IMO.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My point was that I had the 3 spoke on the Q5 and I now have the 4 spoke on the A8 and there really isn't any difference to warrant the £250 IMO.
I have a complete different opinion... I had a 4 spoke Steering wheel on my ex A4 and change it for a 3 spoke one and notice a big difference.
In the Q5 I made the same mod an notice again the gain.
Another thing is that the 4 spoke wheels has normal leather, and the 3 spoke ones, at least the sport or s-line versions come with perforate leather, and this gives a better felling when you touch on the wheel.
For all these reasons, IMO is a must have extra.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thats a fair point, on the A8 the 4 spoke steering wheel comes in Valcona leather as standard, so I was comparing it to that but if you only get artificial leather on the Q5 4 spoke its a fair upgrade. Interesting that the 3 spoke ontion on the A8 is only £180.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts