Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Should be in the position to order an SQ5 in the next days and found out on another thread that Estoril has been discontinued so looking at Lava Grey, Phantom Black or maybe even Moonlight Blue...decisions! This got me thinking I assume my order will be a MY15 model and are there any other changes, additions or deletions?

Thanks,
Nick

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know there has been mention that there is a new Q5 range next year, so the MY15 could be the last in the current range

·
Registered
123 Posts
What lead time for delivery have you been given? From feedback on here and in the press, the new model Q5 is expected in 2015 (not a facelift - there are a few pics floating around - not sure when the new SQ5 will be out though). I understand that the new Q7 will launch first. Depending on the lead time you may find that you get your car and within a few Months the new model is launched (of course it will be a while before the new model comes through to showrooms/orders). Discounts on new SQ5 appear to be more readily available now (8% looks quite easily achievable), this may also be a forward thinking view as we get closer to the new model launch, whereas a little while ago discounts hardened a little and 3/5% was more the norm. It is a case of deciding if you want the car within the next few Months or wait (possibly over 12 Months) for the new model - if you like it of course when you see it, compared to the existing car which is really nice and a great car!

·
Registered
952 Posts
A new model SQ5 is a good way off I imagine. Seems likely the new model Q5 could launch for model year 2016 so will be available late 2015. A new SQ5 would be 6 to 12 months after so perhaps mid 2016, two years plus from now would be my guess.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hi mate, I've got Lava Grey and absolutely love it! Be sure to check out the photos I posted on 'Reader's Drives' for more...was considering Moonlight blue too however that looked very dull in the flesh and loved the sparkle/differnt tints you get with Lava.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What lead time for delivery have you been given? From feedback on here and in the press, the new model Q5 is expected in 2015 (not a facelift - there are a few pics floating around - not sure when the new SQ5 will be out though). I understand that the new Q7 will launch first. Depending on the lead time you may find that you get your car and within a few Months the new model is launched (of course it will be a while before the new model comes through to showrooms/orders). Discounts on new SQ5 appear to be more readily available now (8% looks quite easily achievable), this may also be a forward thinking view as we get closer to the new model launch, whereas a little while ago discounts hardened a little and 3/5% was more the norm.
Have been given a lead time of around mid July which suits me fine, nice birthday present to myself.
Managed to get about 10% discount so well happy!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi mate, I've got Lava Grey and absolutely love it! Be sure to check out the photos I posted on 'Reader's Drives' for more...was considering Moonlight blue too however that looked very dull in the flesh and loved the sparkle/differnt tints you get with Lava.
I almost went for Lava on my last car but decided on Daytona in the end and was OK but wasn't sure about it. I do like Lava but leaning towards Phantom now. Might have to go and see Barbyboy as he is not far away and I believe has Lava Grey. Will take a look at your pics too thanks.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I almost went for Lava on my last car but decided on Daytona in the end and was OK but wasn't sure about it. I do like Lava but leaning towards Phantom now. Might have to go and see Barbyboy as he is not far away and I believe has Lava Grey. Will take a look at your pics too thanks.

Nick-C
You're very welcome to pop over. Give me a shout beforehand and I'll make sure that the car has had a thorough clean.

·
Registered
123 Posts
10% is very good on an SQ5! And delivery around July is also pretty good based on some peoples lead times. I think Daytona grey is a Audi special colour only on the SQ - don't know why as it is very popular and available as a standard pearl colour option outside of the UK.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nick-C
You're very welcome to pop over. Give me a shout beforehand and I'll make sure that the car has had a thorough clean.
Thanks very much Rob. Might give you a shout next week sometime. At the moment I have ordered Phantom Black so I guess I may only have a few days to change before the order is locked? !?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I'm not so sure that its the case the wait time for an SQ5 has dropped recently, it seems more that dealers are reserving slots as they are now pretty sure they can sell the cars. If they get close to the build lock time and the car isn't sold they either spec it for stock or else they release it back to the system hence another dealer can pick up a car on a 2 or 3 month delivery time.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
There are no slots to order - SQ5 is not on a separate plan to other Q5s.
The SQ is a trim level, its nothing more - wait times have dropped to around 12-16weeks. (as always config dependant).

I have a theory Q5 orders seem to increase leading upto the cold months

·
Registered
952 Posts
I was told by my dealer that the SQ5 was most certainly on a different allocation basis to them and thus the ordering process was different, Who knows what is true.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
UK (AUK) gets a pool or block allocation of builds for Q5s, doesn't matter what colour or trim they are.
A dealer could order say 30SEs with 177bhp TDi or 30SQs and they would simply be scheduled on submission date.

Cars from AUK are split, they are either a push model or a pull model.
The more push models a dealer (group rather than each individual dealer i believe) sells the more pull models they get.
Pull models are things like RS (made by quattro gmbh - not the line cars like TTRS) and R8. Q5 and SQ5 are in the same pot. (just like A5/S5 or TT and TTS/RS etc).

Audi publish the current lead 'expected' time by model to the dealers every month.

·
Banned
489 Posts
MY Changes in week 22. Therefore whatever you have on order now, if the factory actually build it after wk22 then you get the MY15 spec model at the same price that you agreed.

Reactions: NICK-C
1 - 20 of 108 Posts