Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow at last I have taken delivery of my SQ5 - what a car and although it been a long wait it has been worth it. I did start to wobble over my order some time ago as generally we don't buy the same car twice but I needn't have worried because this is very different from my 2.0L tdi Q5. That was a great car but very much a compact SUV in its feel to drive. This is something else though - to me it just feels completely different, a performance car and an S model for sure. It sounds fabulous and the power is just immense. I am not pushing it hard at all yet, I want to get a good 1000 miles on it before red lining it, but to be honest, you just don't need to rev it that much it just goes. I will waffle on a bit more another time but now that I have it I thought I'd just share my initial thoughts on the car as I spec'd it.
Things I am really glad I spec'd are:
The panoramic sunroof - well worth it. Makes the interior more special and you can hear that engine noise better a-side from the obvious niceties of having a sunroof to open.
The 21" wheels - they look superb and just move the car away from a normal Q5 in appearance.
Carbon Atlas trim - looks great doesn't cost much and the standard aluminium trim again is just like a Q5 and on my last car it marked very easily.
The colour - If you want black pay the extra for the panther black it looks so much better.
Other items I spec'd and why:
Bench seat plus - had this on the old car - very useful especially for getting skis and snowboards between the rear seats.
Tow bar - use it for a trailer to avoid anything messy going in the car and a rear bike carrier. It completely folds away so you'd never know it's there.
Electric tailgate - had it on the last car so I thought I'd miss it if I didn't put it on the SQ5, but to be honest I could probably live without it.
Technology pack - a car like this should have it as standard and it would make it less desirable to sell on some day. I begrudge paying so much for satnav which is what the tech pack is really all about when you have it on your mobile phone for free.
Folding mirrors - for when it's parked on the street.
Options I considered but didn't in the end:
Flat bottom steering wheel - Nothing wrong with the standard wheel and why pay £100 extra just because it's flat at the bottom.
Heated seats - I wanted them. The kids wanted them, but the wife hates them so guess what? we haven't got them. Not the end of the world though.
B&O - nice, had it as standard equipment on an A5 coupe black edition before, but not worth the extra cost in my view. I like my music and we have a mix of Mission, Bose and B&W audio at home, but for some reason I'm not that fussed about it in the car - but that's just me. View attachment 1473

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Fantastic review! Has anyone driven in through central London and seen what reaction it gets from the public? Doesn't bother me if it is overstated or understated but just never occurred to me the sort of reactions you get so thought i would pop the question

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I was in London last Wednesday eve - got quite a few looks, and embarrassed a few sports car :/

Reactions: ray.afzal

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Glad you like it Bry - I wanted Panther Black, but guess what, the Mrs wanted white!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nice bit of kit looks stunning, ive just spent the last hour machine polishing my Bonnet !! Wow what a difference its made to the factory finish , all the best enjoy the car

·
Registered
706 Posts
The shine on your panther black looks stunning. Is this typicalof pamther black or has the camera just caught it at an unusual angle.

Reactions: Morry

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks for the impression, sounds like a very pleased new owner

good luck with the car, wish you many safe miles.

LOL on the heated seats... they come with an off button, so your wife doesn't need to be seated on a hot spot :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Many congrats on a very nice car! I've also got panther black and it's an absolute stunning color. I'm amazed how easy it is to keep clean and it does not look dirty very quickly.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Looks smick in black

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi from another Panther Black owner.. (Unlike Jose I wanted White...but the dealer had a cancelled order in Panther!)

Car looks
on those 21's

·
Registered
522 Posts
Assume you were unable to get a discount unlike the standard Q5 SLine 2.0TDI which you can get upto 10% off. So is it worth around the £8000 more you probably paid?

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I believe most of us managed to negotiate a substantial discount on purchasing our SQ5.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts